Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Cannot get addons to run? Insanely annoying! :\

SmokinAPancake
SmokinAPancake
Soul Shriven
Right so quick run down....

I'm in England, so EU server. I have used minion to install addons and it adds them to the default file dir "C:\Users\willt\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\FoundryTacticalCombat"

Although my game is installed in dir "D:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online" (A different drive) so I don't know if this effects how the game finds addons.

I have tried having the addon dir as both "\live\" and "\liveeu\" but doesn't seem to pick up on either, the only possible thing I can think of is that when i log into my PC my username on the log in screen is "Will Surname" instead of "willt" which is for some reason the name of the user folder in my file system. But the name of that folder is unchangeable.

If anyone can assist me or needs more details let me know :D:D:D
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That folder seems correct, game files like your settings, AddOns and screenshots are located in your user folder on C: instead of the game folder.
    I have ESO on my G: drive and all my AddOns are in my user folder on C:

Did you check to see if you have "Allow outdated AddOns" enabled? I say that because i'm pretty sure FTC is no longer updated and probably out of date.

After you log into ESO, at the character selection screen (before loading into the game world), click on the AddOn link on the left and see if your AddOns show there at all.
    If they do, they're probably out of date and aren't loaded. Select "Allow outdated AddOns" and they should load but may give you LUA error messages (since they are outdated).

idea.gif
  • SmokinAPancake
    SmokinAPancake
    Soul Shriven
    Sir Andy,

I have probably 20+ addons in the folder, I just included FTC as an example to show the full dir to addon files. I have tried ticking show out dated but still nothing shows, in either the main character screen or in game menu.... :neutral:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is "willt" the only folder in your Users folder, besides the standard "Administrator", "All Users", "Default", "Public" etc.
    Do you have multiple accounts using this PC?

Do you have a DOMAIN login at your PC? In which case you'll have two personal user folders, one with the domain name attached and one without.

That could look like this:
    willt
    willt.DOMAINNAME

type.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you said you're using Minion?
    Wasn't there a bug where Minion would default to ...\live\ instead of ...\liveeu\ ???

Is there a setting for Minion where you can point it to your liveeu folder?
    If not, try creating a ...\live\AddOns\ folder and copy them there and see if that works.

Re-read your post, looks like you tried that already, sorry ...
    popcorn.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 22, 2016 7:58PM
  • SmokinAPancake
    SmokinAPancake
    Soul Shriven
    I have "defaultuser0" - "Public" - "willt", although i've already tried copying the entire documents folder containing addons from willt to all other users in case it was for instance looking in "defaultuser0" for the addons.
  • SmokinAPancake
    SmokinAPancake
    Soul Shriven
    Bump
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With one of the recent updates, the data folder path was changed from "liveeu" to just "live". So that's the one you need to point Minion to.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    With one of the recent updates, the data folder path was changed from "liveeu" to just "live". So that's the one you need to point Minion to.
    @SmokinAPancake

This; there is no longer separate folders for the NA (live) and the EU (live) servers. You can now log into both servers from within the same client installation. The 1T update should have sorted this, however there were a few issues when it went live so needed a couple of patches to resolve.

Have a look in Explorer/Finder and move your add-ons from the liveeu folder to live and all should appear in-game again. Path should be something like My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns.
    I'd also reset Minion and let it detect the add-ons again so it can pick up updates going forward.
    Edited by LaucianNailor on November 24, 2016 10:05PM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild