The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problems purchasing ESO Plus through Steam

Affiniti
Affiniti
✭✭
I submitted this through Support already, but still have not received a response. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I purchased ESO Plus through Steam, and cannot deposit anything to my Craft Bag. Dye Station cannot be used to dye my clothing either. When I mouse-over the Craft Bag icon in my Inventory, the tooltip shows "locked", and I cannot deposit any items there.

In Steam, it shows "ESO Plus" was installed. On my ESO website account page, it shows that I have an Active ESO Plus subscription. It even appears that I received the crowns from purchasing 1 month of ESO Plus. But ESO Plus itself still isn't actually active in-game.

(I've reinstalled ESO twice, no change)

So as of right now, I've paid for a monthly subscription that isn't working.
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, since the free weekend event ended my ESO Plus perks are missing in game as well. Best thing to do is open a ticket since this appears to be an issue with steam linked accounts and ESO Plus.
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    I've been having an issue with this since Sunday as well. I believe anyone who attempted to purchase an ESO membership through steam on the free weekend has been having issues. I started a reddit thread about it here.

Hopefully we can actually get our content we paid for.
    Edited by sinlancer on November 22, 2016 5:57PM
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    Affiniti wrote: »
    So as of right now, I've paid for a monthly subscription that isn't working.

I don't think some people understand how big of a deal that is to most of us. I decided to spend $15.00 of my hard earned money on a product that I'm familiar with. But it feels like someone just pocketed my money instead, and started laughing as I attempt to ask them what's going on.
  • Affiniti
    Affiniti
    ✭✭
    sinlancer wrote: »
    I believe anyone who attempted to purchase an ESO membership through steam on the free weekend has been having issues.

I actually purchased mine after the free weekend ended.

My concern at this point is, if they have this much trouble just applying a paid subscription, will they even be able to credit me extra days for the time that I paid for (but couldn't use)?

I'm a returning player & hadn't really played since the original launch. I wanted the game attached to Steam so badly that I actually RE-PURCHASED the game in Steam and linked my old account (like many have had to do). If this is the experience they're providing, I'm pretty disappointed. How can something as simple as the monthly subscription be this much of a mess?
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    Affiniti wrote: »
    My concern at this point is, if they have this much trouble just applying a paid subscription, will they even be able to credit me extra days for the time that I paid for (but couldn't use)?

If this is the experience they're providing, I'm pretty disappointed. How can something as simple as the monthly subscription be this much of a mess?

I can't tell you how embarasing this must be for Zenimax. I mean, I had less issues dealing with Nexon's support 3 years ago on a title with less than 100k active players. I legitimately feel one of the reasons WoW is so successful is because of how amazing Blizzard's customer support is. I mean, Zenimax doesn't even have a number for me to call! At this point, I want the issue resolved, and I will not be purchasing any more crowns or ESO+ time. If a company wants to treat their customers like cash grabs, and then not respond when they don't get products that they paid for- so be it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_DaryaK
    Hoping we can get some kind of response here from an actual person.
    Edited by sinlancer on November 22, 2016 5:55PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    The team is investigating this issue. In the meantime, please do please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your ESO account User ID as well as your Steam username.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    The team is investigating this issue.

Thanks for the update. Means a lot to hear something about what's going on.

• Lollover
    Lollover
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    The team is investigating this issue. In the meantime, please do please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your ESO account User ID as well as your Steam username.

i did report issue and only got a stupid reply back stating it was steams fault and that I should get a refund ( DONT BE WONKEY DONKEYS - STEAM NOT GIVE REFUNDS FOR DLC`S OR MEMBERSHIPS ... ITS ON THERE T.O.C ) her is the full msg I got from support - ere is a reply i got back from zenimax - Howdy Dean,

Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us, though I am sorry that it is due to a Steam ESO Plus issue. I am an avid pet collector and have a full collection of Crown Store mounts, so I can understand how inconvenient and frustrating this must be and appreciate you being so patient while we responded.

Since you said that you received the Crowns, but the status was not added to the account, we strongly recommend contacting Steam Support, having them refund the purchase from you and purchasing the subscription again from them.

I will leave this ticket open. You may reply to this email at any time directly to keep it open for 72 hours. I will see it, unless I have gone home for the day, and will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Should I not be here, it may be until tomorrow before we are able to respond. The ticket number for this is (161121-003561) if you need it in the future. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Have a great night,
    Zachariah
    The Elder Scrolls Online Technical Support
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my response for ticket number 161121-002974:

"Hi There,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brad and I am an Escalations Agent here with the Support Team.

I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your purchase. We are currently looking into the potential cause here, and I would like to gather a bit of information from you if you have a moment.

Firstly, I would like to get a screenshot of your ESO Plus purchase invoice from Steam. Our visibility into Steam purchases is limited, and we would like to compare your purchase receipt to the logs on our end and try to find out where the inconsistency is.

Furthermore, just to confirm, are you logging in through Steam (linked login), or the ESO Launcher (manual login)?

Best Regards,

Brad - Escalations
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

All requested info has been sent with a followup response.
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    My response for ticket number 161122-000905

"Greetings,
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    We are aware some players are experiencing an issue with their active ESO Plus memberships missing access to the crafting bag and DLCs. We are looking into this issue and hope to have the problem resolved as soon as possible.
    Warm Regards,

• dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My response for ticket number 161122-000905

"Greetings,
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    We are aware some players are experiencing an issue with their active ESO Plus memberships missing access to the crafting bag and DLCs. We are looking into this issue and hope to have the problem resolved as soon as possible.
    Warm Regards,
    Just got the same response...good sign.
  • sigmaar
    sigmaar
    ✭✭
    it to got a similar response saying they are looking into it.

at least they aren't trying to pass us off onto steam support anymore. . .
  • tillisterzb16_ESO
    tillisterzb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Meanwhile i get reply by the same guy 'Carlee'
    1st mail > We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).
    please respond back to this email so we can continue to assist you.

2nd mail > We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days)
    please respond back to this email so we can continue to assist you.

He didnt even bother looking at the mail i sendt , no response what so ever what is happening

3rd ? tba

Customer Ticket > # 161121-004048
    Edited by tillisterzb16_ESO on November 23, 2016 12:04AM
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    Yeah this is now day 3 of me not being able to use my ESO membership. I only logged on to show a new friend to a few places. I hope we get credited for the days we didn't get to use our product.

Sorry to sound so flustered. I know it's a holiday week, you all may be sort staffed, it just sucks not having an ETA or anything to look for.
    Edited by sinlancer on November 23, 2016 12:18AM
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is now day 3 of me not being able to use my ESO membership. I only logged on to show a new friend to a few places. I hope we get credited for the days we didn't get to use our product.

Sorry to sound so flustered. I know it's a holiday week, you all may be sort staffed, it just sucks not having an ETA or anything to look for.
    Yeah we are all flustered and are losing game benefits we paid for (been a day for me). Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

• sinlancer
    sinlancer
    Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Yeah. Just doesn't seem like its going to happen. Anyone doing anything fun in game? I'm stuck being butthurt about this.
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking seriously about letting my Steam sub lapse, and subbing directly from my ESO account instead to avoid future headaches. Just not sure if it will work with a Steam linked account that way....

• sinlancer
    sinlancer
    I'm thinking seriously about letting my Steam sub lapse, and subbing directly from my ESO account instead to avoid future headaches. Just not sure if it will work with a Steam linked account that way..

I was planning on buying some crowns to get the DLC and the Pride Lion mount for my Khajit, but now I have no interest in supporting a company that treats it's customers like this.
  • Psychodad67
    Psychodad67
    ✭✭
    I'll hope we will get a recourse (e.g. Crowns) for this. I'm really really angry about this. The German support don't answer to my Ticket an i'm doubtful that we will get the full access we've payed for.
    Edited by Psychodad67 on November 23, 2016 3:47PM
    --
    Regards

Psychodad

- Gaming under Linux/Proton -
    Protondb - Elder Scrolls Online
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm a returning player...and had such high hopes for this game with One Tamriel. This bug has brought back old memories of issues I encountered during and after the beta.
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    STILL nothing other than a "We're looking into it". Posted on reddit here so that maybe it'll actually get looked into. With the holiday coming now, we're just going to be left in the dust for a *** week after paying for something. That's absolutely insane.
  • sinlancer
    sinlancer
    Response By (Chet)

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. We understand you are experiencing an issue with your active ESO Plus membership which is preventing access to the crafting bag, DLCs, and other benefits. We have just releases a hotfix to patch this issue and we believe the problem has now been resolved. Please attempt logging into your account to check the status of your membership benefits.

If you continue to experience your problem, please reply to this email and we will continue to assist you.

Warm Regards,

• Affiniti
    Affiniti
    ✭✭
    Got the same email. I'm able to access the Craft Bag and the tooltip says "ESO Unlocked".

I can't speak for the expansions, as I already have them all.
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Response By (Chet)

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. We understand you are experiencing an issue with your active ESO Plus membership which is preventing access to the crafting bag, DLCs, and other benefits. We have just releases a hotfix to patch this issue and we believe the problem has now been resolved. Please attempt logging into your account to check the status of your membership benefits.

If you continue to experience your problem, please reply to this email and we will continue to assist you.

Warm Regards,

Just got the same response! I'll check it out when I get home from work. ;)
  • Psychodad67
    Psychodad67
    ✭✭
    I got no response (Thanks German Support), but ESO Plus seems to be ok now.
    But there's still one Point: We paid 2 til 4 Days, that we coulnd't Play! It would be nice if the Support or Community Manager may offer a refund.
    --
    Regards

Psychodad

- Gaming under Linux/Proton -
    Protondb - Elder Scrolls Online
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got no response (Thanks German Support), but ESO Plus seems to be ok now.
    But there's still one Point: We paid 2 til 4 Days, that we coulnd't Play! It would be nice if the Support or Community Manager may offer a refund.
    Yes my ESO Plus is fixed as well, however when I asked for compensation for my two days without ESO Plus benefits I just keep getting canned answers (ticket number 161121-002974). Someone on the Steam forums at least got 500 crowns for their troubles...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/208684375429539167/?ctp=10#c152390014779258248

I'm gonna keep the ticket updated until I get a real response.