The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leave Dueling As Is

Zurxii
Zurxii
✭✭
People are constantly complaining about duels in towns and cities. However they're the same people that come into pvp and Zerg down duelers and smallscale players. Makes sense right?
~Out2Kill
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you can't really say they are the same players...

Most players that dislike it are RPers (I've read several comments by them) and peopls that get lagged because of it.

The amount of duelers and duels in cities are dropping though.

And quite frankly... the duelers are some of the best PvPers out there. Sometimes I feel mediocre against duelers, go into Cyrodiil and feel like a boss lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    True, but it is annoying when people complain then turn right around and Xv1 me
    ~Out2Kill
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurxii wrote: »
    People are constantly complaining about duels in towns and cities. However they're the same people that come into pvp and Zerg down duelers and smallscale players. Makes sense right?

Not the case at all. I'm against dueling in towns and cities and have never set foot in Cyrodiil. I have no interest in PvP, which is why I don't want to have to run through the middle of it in PvE areas.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tandor first off, it's fine you don't like PvP, etc, but that should have no barring on this subject.

Second, duelers... how are we suppose to find each other? From my experience I can find about 6 duelers in a hub, but not much more than that...

Frankly the lag has felt worse for the duelers than the PvE, it shouldn't take me so long to CC break!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tandor first off, it's fine you don't like PvP, etc, but that should have no barring on this subject.

Second, duelers... how are we suppose to find each other? From my experience I can find about 6 duelers in a hub, but not much more than that...

Frankly the lag has felt worse for the duelers than the PvE, it shouldn't take me so long to CC break!

First, I was simply refuting the OP's claim.

Second, it's perfectly valid for PvEers doing PvE content in PvE areas to have a view on the matter of PvP being added to those areas, especially when it impacts on the PvE aspects for which they were designed.

Moreover, if you're saying the lag is affecting dueling then it makes a lot of sense to take the dueling outside populated areas, which is all anyone is asking for. Nobody is against dueling per se, they just want it better located for everyone's benefit, your own included apparently.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tandor i see that now, it being a response and not a statement, my apologies for how I may have been rude :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in major towns contributes the existing serious lag issues particularly on console and it's incredibly annoying that you can't even lay your controller down in these areas to take a quick break because all of the ultimate spam has it vibrating off of the desk.

ZOS could very easily create dueling areas outside of towns where players could meet and it would solve both sides of the debate.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has made no statement so it's a non issue until they bring it up .
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add small arenas just outside of towns but outside of the same loading instance. It gives duelers a known place to congregate still but fixes the issues with lag as well as just the annoyance of Ult and other abilities constantly shaking your screen and controller while standing in town trying to do other things.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duels should be restricted to outside of towns / wayshrines / craft stations, that or allow the guards to charge duelers with disturbing the peace.

It has nothing to do with disliking PVP and everything to do with performance in areas that already have issues with lag and latency, as well as all the effects and sounds while trying to do town stuff.
    Edited by Dawnblade on January 17, 2017 5:38PM
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are dueling inside the Bal Foyen crafting building now. There was a duel in a bank the other day- Wayrest, if I recall.