The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Client Crashes since patch 2.6.9, and unacceptably poor megaserver performance

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
Since the referenced patch, the 64-bit game client has crashed at least four times. (The OS is Windows 7 Professional SP 1 fully updated.)

During one session, a report form was displayed when the client crashed, asking what I was doing at the time. So I answered the question and submitted the report.

Since then, it has crashed once during one session, and twice during today's session. On these three occasions, there was no report. The game client simply stopped accepting my input, stopped displaying new output, and I was returned to the primary log-in dialog (i.e., prior to character selection). Each time, I have Quit, then used the Repair Files feature of the Launcher to ensure that any file corruption that might have occurred would be discovered and rectified before resuming play.

As to the cause of any of these crashes, I do not have a clue. Whether it matters, I have not looked at the frame rate and latency values which were displayed (if any were displayed) at the time that the game client froze.

That said, since patch 2.6.9, in each of the three World Boss groups in which my characters have participated with a total of 10 - 16 players, the latency repeatedly went into triple red digits, as high as 999. The megaserver simply could not send the data as fast as my minimal system (as defined by the game software requirements) could actually display it. So the frame rate often dropped as low as a single digit. This has been a problem for quite a while. It ordinarily continues at least until the group declines to about 8 members. Often it is necessary to log-out to Character Select and re-log with the same character to attempt to resolve the issue. Sometimes that helps, but in groups of more than about 10 players, it has not done much good at all, or, at least, not for very long.

For my ISP connection: according to the Speakeasy Speed Test, the download transfer rate is 16.34 Mbps at approx. 5:30 AM EST between my system and one in NYC (in the same time zone). The Source Forge HTML 5 Speed Test reports the download transfer rate as 16 Mbps with a latency of 60 ms and 0.50% packet loss.

Please advise as to what measures I might take to resolve these issues. Thank-you for your time and attention to this matter.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 23, 2016 6:40AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi