The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Updating a 6 month out of date , Update before bed was on 28 % after updating all day now on 4 % !!

Justwondering
Justwondering
✭✭
Firstly my internet connection is slow only 2mb , I started the update around 24 hours ago , last night around 9 hours around the update was showing at 28 percent....this morning I have checked and it has gone back to 4 % which is pretty disappoting ....

Show I just cut my losses and remove my 6 month out of date install and re-install the whole game again ?

If so how big is the full install ?

Help and advice please...

TYI
  • Justwondering
    Justwondering
    ✭✭
    P.S both percentage are showing 4 % on the update utill and both where showing 28 % previously...
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your talking about a game patch, there couple things. 1. you need to restart your computer. 2. it just loading mulitple patches that showing up as different downloads. 3. you ran patch checker.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Justwondering
    Justwondering
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    if your talking about a game patch, there couple things. 1. you need to restart your computer. 2. it just loading mulitple patches that showing up as different downloads. 3. you ran patch checker.

Hi , Thank you for your reply , the program running is the game launcher , the game launcher , checked files , then did some updating to each file it checked , then it hit some big updates on some files , it was sat at 28 overall , not just 28 percent of a particular file , now the overall update percentage is 5 % it has around 700 megs of the current file it is patching before it checks the next big file....

It would be very disappointing to leave the computer on for another 24 hours to find the update has progressed then for it drop back to a lower percentage later.....

How big is a full fresh install of ESO ?
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really would suggest restarting your computer. that should always be go to response anytime launcher seems to have a hang up.
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of trying to update my game via flaky hotel WiFi. The same thing happened - it was on 20-something percent when I went to bed and then 4% in the morning. Basically, the WiFi crapped out during a verify, the Launcher couldn't be certain it had the correct version, so it tried again from the beginning. For three days, until I finally gave up and took my laptop down to the hotel lobby for a couple of hours.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Justwondering
    Justwondering
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies.....well a few hours later and it has fully installed and I have been playing for a hour or two , although the update had dropped back to 4 percent , once it had gone past 4 percent download and patched , it quickly went to 28 percent then within another 90 minutes it had gone to 99 percent complete... :) so I guess the patching was working fine but the percentages where not as accurate !