Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible that vMA last chest is bugged somehow??

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yes, another thread about vMA loot, but this time I'm nearly 100% sure that the last chest is bugged somehow, at least for me.

I have been doing vMA during the whole event about 3 times per day which amounts to over 40 times during the last two weeks. 40 times x double loot = over 80 weapons! 80!!! And guess what, nearly half of these were resto staves. Yes, I was always getting one resto in a chest + other weapon (sometimes a second resto!). I know vMA is full of RNG but come on, that's not possible even with the most broken RNG. The other weapons were mostly bows and S&B. The first week was quite lucky (one... sharpened lighting) but the second week: resto.... resto.... resto... Now I have a bunch of resto staves which I could give to the whole army. From these past two weeks I got one more thing besides resto staves: a strong need to take a break from ESO. For a while or for good.

So my question is: did you ZOS intentionally lower the drop rates for the most desired weapons and increase the drop rate for resto staves for the purposes of this so-called event? If not, it's clearly a bug cause I don't believe in that kind of RNG (or bad luck as some could say). Nobody will be doing solo content in a MMO game forever, especially such a boring, long and frustrating content. I could spend this time on some other content instead, a content which I like and is fun for me.

And one more thing: I've never got a ring (of any set) from MA chests. Did you delete them from the chests entirely?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror Anybody?
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took me like 50 runs till I got my one (and only) Resto staff.
    RNG is a b****
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto and bow are the most common weapons actually. The loot is split up into 6 categories.

One handed (dual wield)
    One hand + Shield
    Two Handed
    Bow
    Destruction Staff
    Restoration Staff

So any loot you get from the chest does an RNG roll on that table first. 1/6 chance of any category. Notice that both bow and resto staff are the only weapons in their category. So while there are 96 different combinations of weapons, the actual drop chance of any given weapon with a specific trait is as follows

Axe (1h) 1:96
    Dagger (1h) 1:96
    Mace (1h) 1:96
    Sword (1h) 1:96
    Axe (2h) 1:144
    Maul (2h) 1:144
    Sword (2h) 1:144
    Bow 1:48
    Inferno Staff 1:144
    Lightning Staff 1:144
    Ice Staff 1:144
    Resto Staff 1:48

So if it appears as though you're getting more resto staves and bows, it's because the loot table is weighted to give them more often. Sword and board probably feels like it drops more often because it's useless regardless of the trait and is always trash.

PS: rings aren't currently dropping in vMA. Probably a bug.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 20, 2016 10:09PM
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I didn't partake in the VMA event for the vast majority of it due to extreme irritation with the loot tables and overall horrible game performance within the instance, I too received a ton of 1H&B and restoration staffs. It's pretty ridiculous how horrible the loot distribution in VMA is. It's not random, and is designed to keep you playing.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Although I didn't partake in the VMA event for the vast majority of it due to extreme irritation with the loot tables and overall horrible game performance within the instance, I too received a ton of 1H&B and restoration staffs. It's pretty ridiculous how horrible the loot distribution in VMA is. It's not random, and is designed to keep you playing.

yesh!
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Took me like 50 runs till I got my one (and only) Resto staff.
    RNG is a b****

I wouldn't call it a crappy RNG then. For me it might be some kind of a bug related to a specific account cause drops don't seem to be 100% random. Random is random. However during the event I saw some fixed pattern in the vMA drops (connected somehow to the runs done X times in a row, one by one). I refuse to accept that resto staff in each chest for a week (three chests per day) was just a "bad luck". There is definitely something more in it. Maybe there are some other factors that affect the loot we get and the devs aren't even aware of that? I just would like them to investigate it. Just for sure.
    Options