The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add ESO to your Steam account this weekend or forever?

Edda
Edda
✭✭
So ESO has a free trial this weekend on steam. And supposedly you can download the client and log in with your existing account and it will say that account is now bound to Steam. Does anyone know if this is permanent or if it will become "unbound" again after the free trial if over?

Link to free steam trial http://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/
“The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't own steam copy you wont be able to access your account after the free trial ends, but yes it is permanent.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On second thought, the above post is probably correct. Steam probably removes their client launcher from your library after the trial. Go to your Steam library and see if it still offers to sell you the client. That's probably the way you will know. If your existing account didn't unlock the client permanently, it's because Steam wants to sell it to you. The way you can tell is when you go to the game page on Steam, the option to purchase will say 'in library' preventing you from purchasing again.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on November 20, 2016 9:32AM
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    If you don't own steam copy you wont be able to access your account after the free trial ends, but yes it is permanent.
    Do you mean I wont be able to use my account anymore, at all? I could see having to go back to using a non steam installation but not losing access all together.

*Edit* I guess I'll find out in a day if I need to start playing support tag. :expressionless:

Edited by Edda on November 20, 2016 2:40PM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edda wrote: »
    Do you mean I wont be able to use my account anymore, at all? I could see having to go back to using a non steam installation but not losing access all together.

*Edit* I guess I'll find out in a day if I need to start playing support tag. :expressionless:

My main PC has ESO bound to steam but I have a spare PC that has a non-steam install of ESO. I can play my account on either with no problems at all.