The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trainer Gear

Llegien20
Llegien20
Soul Shriven
Hey all! I'm looking to get a set of trainer gear for my Stamina DK. I'm brand new to the game as of 2 days ago and I'm only level 8. I'm more than happy to chase down mats if needed!

If I wanted to learn the "trainers" trait myself how would I go about getting the gear to deconstruct?

Thanks!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to generic gear with the Training trait?

If so, you should be able to obtain a few random pieces to research by just playing the game. Otherwise, if you call out in zone to see if any crafters are available to make you training gear (and mention you have the mats) ... that would be optimal.

If you're referring to the specific dropped set "Armor of the Trainee", that set is not craftable. So, you'd have to do some major scouring of the starter zones to get a full set.

One final note, the deconstruct option only breaks down gear into random raw components. To actually learn the trait on a piece of armor or weapon, choose 'research'. And, don't forget to invest skill points into the research passives ... which will shorten the time it takes to learn.
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    If your ps4 na i can make you a full set of heavy or medium upgraded to blue, psn is spaztik_89
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Training Trait drops on all armors, and the specific set mentioned above Armor of the Trainee usually drops with the Training Trait. But, it can also drop as quest rewards with other traits than Training.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can learn Training and craft your own basic gear by simply farming random mobs of enemies and getting armor that has the training trait on it. You then go to one of the crafting tables in town such as the clothing one if you want medium armor or blacksmithing station if you want heavy armor and you click on Research, not Deconstruct, and select one of the pieces that has training on it. You then simply wait for it to finish researching and once it does you can craft that specific piece with the training trait by selecting Create at the crafting station. It will show you what materials you then need to craft the traits you choose and the level you want it in the Create screen.

The first trait you research on each type of armor piece will only take a few hours so it doesn't take long to research training on all pieces. Most of the time is spent simply finding each piece with training on it to use for research but what you can also do to speed up the process is ask someone in zone chat to craft you the pieces you're missing so you can use that to research or you can look at guild traders to find training pieces to use for researching.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fastest way is shopping Guild Traders. Set your filter to search for the type of gear then Trait > Training. There is quite often low priced gear(200-2k) to buy and research.

Or as mentioned above. You can ask in zone text chat if anyone can craft you Level 1 Training Gear for research.
    Edited by SaRuZ on November 21, 2016 8:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    The fastest way is shopping Guild Traders. Set your filter to search for the type of gear then Trait > Training. There is quite often low priced gear(200-2k) to buy and research.

That's Low Priced? I would not pay more than 100 Gold for a Traited Item for research, other than Nirn.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have 100k+ and just need a particular trait on a certain item, it's nice to just pay and get it right then.
  • Llegien20
    Llegien20
    Soul Shriven
    Guys thanks so much for all of your responses! I'm on my way to researching the whole set!!