The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What??? Spent a fortune (relatively) to purchase Pact Style Motifs only to find I can't craft them?

SophiCat
SophiCat
✭✭
So my tailor is a high elf (aldmeri). I went around and spent hours collecting the Pact style motifs to make my Dark Elf alt an AWESOME looking set of armor, only to find that apparently I can't use them?
from what I could make out on the forums ...
1.) the style mats are only available in Cyrodill for pvp points (and I dont pvp!)????
2.) only crafters who are Pact can even craft them?

I am very sad at this!
At the very least if my high elf can't even use the motifs she shouldn't have been able to learn them! If it said in red on the motif "not useable" I wouldn't have bothered spending something like 20k and 6 hours gathering the different chapters.... Now I can't even turn around and sell them again 'cause she already learned them....
holy smokes!
:(
Edited by SophiCat on November 19, 2016 9:16PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have been given false information you do not need to be EP to craft in the EP style, my AD crafter can craft all 3 aliance styles. as long as you have learned the motif & have the style material & the necessary points spent into crafting & the necessary traits researched you are good to go

you can only purchase the style mat needed to make them if you are EP, using either aliance point or i belive telvar stones

work around

find a friend/guildie who does PvP on an EP character and ask them to buy some for you - if you are out of cash offer to make them some gear in return

check guild stores under style materials for the craft material

update this post with your platform/server and hopefully someone will be willing to supply some (for a trade/gold)

spend real life money on mimic stones (i appriciate this is not an option for many including myself which is why it is the final suggestion)
    Edited by bebynnag on November 19, 2016 9:23PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To reiterate @puffytheslayer's helpful post, you can find the style materials in guild stores ... if a friend or guildie doesn't have a connection or doesn't have the style materials on them.

You are not locked out of crafting EP motif gear by being a member of the AD Alliance.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 19, 2016 9:35PM
  • SophiCat
    SophiCat
    ✭✭
    holy smokes!!

thank you so much puffytheslayer and Taleof2Cities for that wonderful information :)
    you've absolutely made my day!
    tyty!!!
    :)