The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you still find crafting rewarding in One Tamriel? What is your experience?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HickGamer wrote: »
    Just my two cents here, but I really don't need player housing in ESO. There are plenty of other things ZOS could invest their time and money into other than yet another potential crown store money grab. There are plenty of bugs that STILL need to be worked out that would mean a whole lot more to me than another collectible luxury item. Any way, sorry for the rant.

Until storage gets included as a possibility, the "crafting is helped by housing" falls flat on me.

Even then investing that many skills and that much time for trait research is not worth it for housing.

yeah, sure, the improve drops quality is there... but i didn't need to research a single trait to do that.

equip crafting needs its 1t upgrade just like drop sets got and needs to be as significant a factor in play vs drop sets as crafted potions and foods and glyphs are vs their drop equivalents.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• asterixchaos
    asterixchaos
    ✭✭✭
    As a maxed out crafter, I feel dramatically less valued. My wares aren't desired or desirable largely because it's almost faster and definitely cheaper to just farm up the new dropped sets that are essentially just as powerful as anything a crafter could make. Give us something to make us more useful than a boss farm, please. Some unique traits, better sets that provide better rewards with fewer set items. Something, ANYTHING, to make the time, energy, and money invested into crafting more than the waste that it's become. Please.
    Arivanya Vraseth - Shady Altmer Noble Sorceress
    Dhalia - Bosmer Thief
    Lalolil Ozilamya - Imperial Bard and Secret Werewolf
    Prikaza Pumonca - Khajiit Thief/Assassin
    PC/NA
  • Bontox
    Bontox
    Maybe there is hope for you master crafters. Players like me might need your services.

I don't have the time to be a self-sufficient crafter any longer. Having returned to the game after more than two years of abscence I intend to play only one new character (putting the level 20 - 25 crafters to sleep). It will take much time considering all the expansions. That character is now level 10 and a provisioner, achemist, and enchanter.

So staffs and light armor for my sorcerer have to be aquired from someone else or from drops.

If it will take extensive farming to get all the armor pices I will not invest time on that. Got pretty tired of that kind of farming in the old WoW days. Same dungeon over and over, and aftewr 12 runs I got the headpiece, and so on for the other pieces. When I got the last one I had outlevveled that level of armor. Not forgetting the agonizing farming in Anarchy Online. I will not do that kind of farming in ESO.

Enter the crafters. E.g. one complete level 30 set of armor + staff in one go when the character reach level 30. The big questionmark is the balance between a reasonable income for the crafter and how much gold it is possible for me to accumulate. I am willing to pay the gold I have collected. Hopefully that will be satisfactory for the crafter. Presently I have no idea if this balance exists or not (anyone knows?). Upgrading each 10th level is the initial plan.

I have checked the public guild vendors. No such stuff were up for sale. I guess I'll have to make an agreement with some crafter.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bontox wrote: »

I have checked the public guild vendors. No such stuff were up for sale. I guess I'll have to make an agreement with some crafter.

Before one T I had loads of stuff up for sale on my stores. For all levels, seducer, Julie, magnus etc all improved to purple for between 1.5 and 5K a peice. It sold like hot cakes

After One T, nothing got sold so I now don't waste the store slots on weapons and armour. Just mats and tempers which still seem to have a market. In short, for me anyway, one T broke the need for crafting.

Im guessing that furniture will be in demand one housing comes out.
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really.

The only thing people ask me for is training gear ;(
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's been said, but crafting glyphs and brewing potions is fairly essential and can be profitable. Provisioning perhaps less so, since food / drink are readily bought and last such a looong time. Of course, someone has to make them too.

In regard to armor sets, I believe Twice Born Star is still among the best for trials, whereas for PvP I haven't worn a crafted set in a long time. The ability to craft any style and any trait occasionally leads me back to crafting, if only the art design didn't suck so much. There are only a few styles that truly appeal to me.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been said, but crafting glyphs and brewing potions is fairly essential and can be profitable. Provisioning perhaps less so, since food / drink are readily bought and last such a looong time. Of course, someone has to make them too.

In regard to armor sets, I believe Twice Born Star is still among the best for trials, whereas for PvP I haven't worn a crafted set in a long time. The ability to craft any style and any trait occasionally leads me back to crafting, if only the art design didn't suck so much. There are only a few styles that truly appeal to me.

Agreed.

Even though equip crafts take as many skills and much more time to develop than consumable crafts do, e-crafts donr provide anything near the bonuses over drops that c-crafts do.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nardvark
    Nardvark
    ✭✭✭
    My honest opinion is no.. in the sense of why do i want to have motif's if i cover it with a costume?
    Or the gear sets are better fit for me then what I can craft..

U guys should have used the mimic stones to change and mimic whatever motif we want if we have learned it.. and it should the motifs should be account wide. >.< Truly Disappointed I have all these motifs I've collected that are stuck on 1 Toon that I No longer play

Just a really bad system now.. this needs to be fixed please please please fix it.. Sad-Crying-Meme-Face-05.jpg

• lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since One Tamriel came out, I find that I'm not being pinged as often to craft Twice Born Star, Hundings Julianos, or Night Mothers gear. I think I've only done two set pieces since it came out, mostly for cosmetic reasons. More people have taken to farming for more desirable drop gear, and the shift from stamina to magicka focus for some of our hard-core raiders has further pressed many of us to farm instead of craft. The drop set bonuses are too good to pass up.

The most value I've gotten out of crafting is through the deconstruction and quality upgrade passives for my own use recently. So crafting is not entirely useless, but crafting work for others on my end has pretty much dried up.

Edit: Consumable crafting however has been more active. Usually for glyphs to replace the default ones on monster sets and some weapons and the occasional jewelry glyph. Provisioning and Alchemy I've mostly been doing for my own use.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on December 16, 2016 5:45PM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmithing/Clothing/Tailoring is beneficial to yourself, as you can be self-sufficient when it comes to crafting gear. I can't really see this as being a "profession" because, well, most people who don't have this maxed out, have guildmates/friends who can craft for them, usually for free. I mean, well, most of my guilds are like that-- me included. The consumables though, I think can be a profession. People buy and sell food/drinks/potions/poisons/enchants all the time.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    I have typed and commented on this very same subject many times lol. And personally I feel like I have put in a lot of work mastering crafting and now there is no real use for it with the exception of crafting for my self or another CP160 which is rare now lol.

But yes crafting is devalued and not as enjoyable now. I'm usually the one (in other games) to do a lot if not all of the major crafting because I really like doing it and I also like the feel of completion, but now there is not much feeling in it at all. I really hope the way crafting is done gets much better and rewards the people/players that really like to craft and put in work to do so.

I don't really do the writs because it does seem like the drop rate is low and I can just get the same stuff from deconstruction, farming, and trade. And that's without even trying lol.

I miss farming for mats. I miss having a reason to gather. I MISS CRAFTING :(
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.