Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

skill level too high for crafting writ...?

Aelina_Toulene
So this is the problem. I've got two crafting writs in my journal that I can't complete because I don't have enough of the respective materials, and I can't harvest the materials I need because my level is too high. I think. For example, I need more ebonthread, but all I run across is ancestor silk, with the occasional ironweed or kreshweed. I assume I simply wasn't paying attention and upped my skill level too fast. Is there a way to solve this - other than respec-ing?
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope just another side effect of 1t.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you picked up an ebonthread level writ
    but your clothing is set to kreshweed level, and you are over 150 CP which is why you are only finding acestor silk & kreshweed

you need to buy ebon if you want to complete the writ

or just abandon it & pick up a new one

if upon abandoning it & collecting a new one you still receive ebon thread then I dont know what to suggest. sorry
  • Aelina_Toulene
    Ah, abandon, of course! Forgot about that, thanks! Where could I buy it if I wanted to do that? I checked one clothier, but there was nothing but style materials on offer.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is currently a bug that some characters get writs one level below their crafting passive. I have it on few alts at least in provisioning and alchemy at level 5. They get level 4 writs.

I have tried respecccing, but the bug seems to be permanently on some alts on certain crafts.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, abandon, of course! Forgot about that, thanks! Where could I buy it if I wanted to do that? I checked one clothier, but there was nothing but style materials on offer.

you can buy them from guild traders - although thats a case of looking around for someone thats selling at a price you are prepared to pay

but if the surveys are glitched as @helediron has been experiencing, then you may be better off forgetting about writs for now until a fix is released.
  • Aelina_Toulene
    Hmmm. Abandoning the clothing writ seems to have worked - got an ironthread one. The other one was woodworking with yew, and I keep getting the same one. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks everyone!
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    I'm stuck getting yew writs too even after abandoning them, so I'm holding off until my toon levels up in xp hoping that helps.
    We know...
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy the materials from guild stores until you move past that level of crafting writ.

The vendors won't have the raw or refined material, just the style mats.