The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Orsinium lag and crashing on PS4 pro.... (+General lag due to Dueling)

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean... I know there's an event going on right now, but this is the 4th time in 2 days I crash the app just by WALKING through Orsinium.

The problem isn't even the amount of people - it's that you somehow thought that dueling would be a great idea, but never considered the idea of restricting how many duels can happen in a given area at one time... the Wayshrines are absolutely cancerous with ability spam and make loading screens much longer.

Gotta love when I buy a brand new console and my framerate is still 10 because 100 people are standing at a wayshrine simultaneously having 50 duels.

You really NEED to limit how many duels can happen in x amount of square meterage - and also it would be preferable if people couldn't duel at all within 50 meters of a Wayshrine.
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like lol the lag is so bad that even just opening the map - the picture doesn't show, just all the icons lmao. So sad.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crashed the most on Orsinium, esp clothing crafting table, 90% chance of crashing when using it.
    How annoying it is do you know ZOS!
    Doesn't happen on PS4 original just pro.
    Pc na
  • RSebire
    RSebire
    Soul Shriven
    Got the PS4 Pro on Launch day, loaded up ESO from the PSN, played. Then it all started to go wrong.
    Firstly the fan will kick into overdrive as soon as anybody walks infront of you. :/
    Anyway, long story short I returned the PS4 Pro 2 days ago, to get my money back as I was also suffering from the Error Code : CE-34878-0
    I was getting this Error code every couple of hours, and the noise and the heat that the Pro was making made it awkward to have in my AV rack. B)
    I also had an £500 Samsung SSD in it which made no difference to the long loading screens. Honestly, go and check Eurogamers review this week. Even though it has been upgraded with SATA 3, it makes no difference as there seems to be a bottleneck involved. So all in all not impressed. :/
    Anyway, back to what I was saying. I've got the PS4 Slim now and it uses under half of the electricity (150W) compared to the PS4 Pro's (330W) and thankfully the Slim is able to play it at a much much better frame rate (30fps) compared to the awful Pro's 10fps.
    Really enjoying ESO, but the Ps4 Pro has put me well off. I have a 55" 4K HDR TV that I use with my Xbox One S, which gives me beauty in Forza Horizon 3 and depth in Gears of War 4, unlike the PS4 Pro which is just "patched" and not designed from the start with it mind. HDR makes a massive difference. 4K not so much. Plus the Xbox One S is utterly silent in operation and features a UHD Bluray Drive. (Can't wait for the soon to be released The Arrival on UHD) :p
    I've been waiting since 2015 here in the UK to get access to the Ultra Library that Sony have in the USA. You'd think that the PlayStation Video App would have finally been updated with the release of the PS4 Pro, but no, all those 4K HDR films they can download in the USA via the PSN probably wont come here to the UK until the PS5.

My advice - downgrade to the PS4 Super Slim for even better acoustics and power efficiency.
    ESO ROCKS B)
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro is great - just very, very unstable atm. Just like it was with the game first launched on the normal PS4. My advice is to wait a month or two before getting the Pro to play ESO. The instability will hopefully be ironed out by then.