The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Brand New Player Needs Advice

Llegien20
Llegien20
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone! I literally just started playing again...back in the day I got a couple characters to level 6...so I'm basically a total newbie. I'm really looking for a manageable PvP build that I can work with. I don't mind player a magic caster or melee...I dislike bows in ESO. I love the idea of a Nightblade that uses sword/board (I love sword/board in general) but not sure if that's a viable PvP build.

I read somewhere that magika DKs do pretty well in PvP with light armor.

Honestly, I'm just lost and don't have the time to level multiple characters! Would appreciate any advice or direction towards sites where I can garnish some information!

Thank you all in advance!
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some big names you can google (not all of them specifically PvP focused): Alcast, SypherPk, Deltia.

They all have build videos you can watch to get an idea of what looks interesting.

Basically you have 8 build types to choose from. Each of the four classes can be played with more of a magicka focus or a stamina focus. I'm not an expert on every class, but here are some general highlights:
    Magicka Sorcerer - strong damage shields, synergy with lightning damage, burst mobility, timed damage burst (ranged), summoned pets (though they have drawbacks)
    Stamina Sorcerer - hurricane (powerful dot, sustained mobility), stong synergy with physical attack types (melee)
    Magicka Nightblade - cloak (short-term invisibility), strong crowd control skills, can fight melee (with class skills) or ranged (with staff)
    Stamina Nightblade - strong synergy with disease damage (melee), also good crowd control, some very strong burst attacks
    Magicka Dragonkight - strong synergy with flame damage, lots of damage over time attacks, usually fights in melee range, some good tanky skills
    Stamina Dragonkight - strong synergy with poison damage, lots of damage over time attacks, melee, good tanky skills
    Magicka Templar - powerful healing skills, radiant destruction (Jesus beam), main spamable attack is a conal aoe that also heals you
    Stamina Templar - this one I don't feel like I know enough about to mention, but suffice it to say it can perform well and has room for being more tanky or more of a damage dealer depending on your build layout.

None of the class setups are worthless. Some will perform a bit better than others in various circumstances, but it's learning to play your character well that will make the most difference.

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • Llegien20
    Llegien20
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the information! I'll be sure to do some Google searches for those names you mentioned!

Cheers!!