Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 318 - You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit.

Elder_Martin
Elder_Martin
✭✭✭
Why does this happen? I don't even understand this error because I haven't send a single message.
I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are some addons that can cause this. Why addons are interpreted as messages I have no idea but I've been told to "slow down" (lol) several times when I've used one of mine called "Swaps" to change my weapon bars when going from healing to DPS in dungeons or solo outside a few times.
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    There are some addons that can cause this. Why addons are interpreted as messages I have no idea but I've been told to "slow down" (lol) several times when I've used one of mine called "Swaps" to change my weapon bars when going from healing to DPS in dungeons or solo outside a few times.

Just saw this response. It's Xbox. I could understand PC giving me that error, but Xbox?
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • goggs25
    goggs25
    ✭✭
    i have not had this problem yet but my friend was in the middle of creating a customer support ticket from in game when it popped up for him.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Message in this case means any information that has to be sent from the client to the server. So if you have connection issues and spam some buttons, it can happen, that your client queues up a lot of commands and then sends them to the server all at once, which causes the kick.
    The addons some others mentioned can let this occure more often as they send many tasks in a short time, but you can also hit that limit without addons.