The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

help me in figure out whether to play this game

ng2084b14_ESO
I tried veteran maelstrom arena and failed in 3rd stage like for 6 or 8 times.

I started to think there is no incentive to play this game, so i stopped being eso plus member.

How can i avoid this failure and make myself to play this game again, what things about this game make u all come back and play this everyday?

I have 8 characters, each class both stamina and magicka build (cp 562). All failed in that stage of veteran maelstrom, i even tried Deltia character builds.

Edited by ng2084b14_ESO on November 17, 2016 7:44PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the well known players failed vMA many many times before they beat it. I don't think anyone beat it without many attempts that led to failure. 6-8 times is not many attempts. If you want to beat it, you will have to put up with many more fails. I tried it, I hated it, I have never returned to it. But maybe someday I will.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Hardest Content in the game should be hard to do.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even the well known players failed vMA many many times before they beat it. I don't think anyone beat it without many attempts that led to failure. 6-8 times is not many attempts. If you want to beat it, you will have to put up with many more fails. I tried it, I hated it, I have never returned to it. But maybe someday I will.

QFT. In talking with an in-game friend who has yet to try vMA I suggested that you're probably looking at hundreds of deaths before you clear the entire arena the first time.

The trick for me in getting past stage 3 was to realize that the stranglers have to die ASAP, if they lock you down with that snare you will be dead in a few seconds. Stay mobile, keep the snares off you and dish out that DPS.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep hammering at it OP, the first clear of is always a nightmare, but it gets easier:}

Its good training for your build, and you will pay in blood, but then go and faceroll everything else.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are lots of things to do in this game besides vMA. That's why I keep coming back to play, because I have lots of things to do (and I've never touched vMA and don't expect I ever will).

What do you enjoy doing? Is there a reason that right now everything is dependent on whether you get through vMA or not?

Unless you've done everything else you want to do and vMA is the last bit of content that still interests you, it's hard to come up with a reason to stop playing. But it's also hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you personally enjoy and what motivates you to play.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not try the hard content until you are ready.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PvP, and with all the sets out there, there are plenty of builds to try.

I love soloing dungeons, good way to get gold and helms and undaunted skills, which then are used in PvP.

I also just started doing more regular RP and questing (like in Skyrim) and have really enjoyed that! I actually have more quests to do than time in a year :)

I enjoy group play, or helping other players accomplish goals.

I go through guild stuff and see what they're all about.

I like gold too, and I can't wait for housing.

Deep down I'm a crafter, I'm already hording stacks of mats to build things with!

These are the things that I do, I haven't even touched writs, I have all dlcs and have completed none of the quests lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this feeling. I like RPGs so it good to clean your pallet if your getting frustrated. I've played off and on since release.

I beat maelstrom for the first time 2 1/2 months ago. It's a mountainous challenge and I was only able to beat it after 6 months of trying off and on. You have enough cp to get past 3rd stage with a properly built magsorc. I highly suggest focusing on a magsorc for Vma it's much easier than any other class
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 or 8 times? I was over 450 attempts on the final boss alone before I beat it. Keep at it and you'll complete it. That sense of accomplishment you get when completing it, though. There's nothing like it.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have personally been asking myself this exact question lately,

I have a stamina Nb for PVP and love playing him,

I lately dropped viper for shadowwalker,
    i am also looking at dropping validreth as i personally feel that the proc sets are part of the cancer in the game,

Yes they do MAJOR damage and kill people instantly but is that really what pvp should be all about,

Recently with all the proc sets that came into the game its kinda is an insta-death paradise,
    Isn't this why everything in Cyrodiil was nerfed wayback.

Templar healing is still OP in cyrodiil with the right sets and combos,
    it takes 10 guys to kill some templars and they just heal through it all,
    Only when resources are burned do they die,

Broken skill in cyrodiil,
    Slows are more effective than hard CC's and they all seem to stack to the point where you can hardly move,

Then we have Wrobels class balancing act which in my opinion he is way over his head, he has no CLUE where or how to start balancing anything. Everything he seems to do just breaks ESO even more,

So yes i have been asking myself this exact question and the answer is kinda simple,
    THERE IS NO BETTER GAME CURRENTLY,
    despite the fact that the game is buggy and laggy and class balancing is broken beyond wrobels belief,
    the game is still challenging and fun to play.

There are soooo many aspects to the game, when i get irritated with EP, AD and DC Zerging Cyrodiil I logon to my pve character and go do some dungeons,

Now with housing coming it will be one more thing for me to do.......

That is why i keep coming back, because i love it and most of the people who play.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)