The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] non-combat activities.

grumlins
grumlins
✭✭✭
First let me just say I'm happy with the game you've made major improvements for those of us who have enjoyed the non-combat activities such as stealing for example.
I just wanted to let you know some things that I've enjoyed in other titles that might fit well here particularly before housing becomes live.

You see, housing has been a wonderful thing in many games I'm sure you all know in the development team. It can be done creatively and it can be done terribly. One of the things I loved in LOTRO was the ability to take wall designs or even patterns from other races and apply them to the racial home of my choice.
I did this with a human home in Bree once where I had basically what was considered wall paper, from the Dwarves which looked almost marble like and put that everywhere.

The second thing I liked the most about housing in LOTRO and other titles was the ability to place trophies not just ones from the current content but from achievements from the original title. It was extremely fun to place banners and armor torn off bosses I'd defeated.

Fishing:
Something I have enjoyed on your game but as I'm going through and looking at what you receive for the fishing achievements I'm reminded of what I can't do in this title that was so much fun in others. In WoW for example, you could build reputation with the Fisherman's Club. I suspect you'd have one for each faction which would be awesome.

Items you could get from fishing reputation:
Mounts
Tabards
Pets
Special Fishing line
Special lures
Recipes for cooking or making gadgets to make it a bit quicker to capture fish
Costumes.
Items like a knife that can carve multiple fish at once

Cooking:
Now while I do enjoy cooking in this game there tends to not be a purpose to it outside of the usual skill advancement and bonuses for combat which makes me sad.
Items from Cooking I found fun in other games:
Mounts
Tabards
Pets from both boss achievements and reputation.
Decorations for housing.

Minigames:
Pet Battles
Card Games
Gambling with NPCs like the game of Dabo in Star Trek Online

Archeology from WoW:
Had it's perks it was fun learning more about the world that I'm traveling around in without having to go back and buy every single one of the older versions and play them from beginning to end.
Special items could be made as well from this for decoration, costumes, or weapons/armor.

Taxadermy:
The ability to take beasts you've killed and turn them into trophies would be a wonderful choice for housing since there's so much fighting in this title. :D