The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some questions about the Free Play Weekend and Steam

Ouziki
Ouziki
✭✭
I was a player in the closed beta, but I haven't bought or played the game since then. I'd like to try the game, but is Steam necessary? It's telling me this. "The purchase of a Tamriel Unlimited or Gold Edition game cannot be combined with any existing Elder Scrolls Online account and must be accessed separately through the Steam client." I've also heard that if I buy the game outside of Steam, I cannot play through Steam, however, if I buy through Steam, can I play it without Steam through the launcher?

Thanks for reading.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do need to get it through steam for the free weekend, as far as I know. If you buy the game outside of steam, it cannot be attached to your steam account later. You can start the launcher outside of steam from what I have read.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Ouziki
    Ouziki
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much! That was exactly the information I was looking for.