The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Controller on PC

Semender
Semender
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I want to play ESO on PC with a controller but game seems like it's not reacting to my controller at all. It's not ps4 or xbox controller. Should it be, for game to somehow react to it?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be an xinput controller.

Did you try setting the game to gamepad mode, then restart the game with your controlled plugged in?

I use a ps3 controller (I've made my pc think it's an Xbox controller) and sometimes if I plug the controller in with the game open it won't notice the controller.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SmellyButtocks
    Settings > Gameplay > controller beta
  • SmellyButtocks
    Or something along those lines.
  • Semender
    Semender
    Soul Shriven
    Or something along those lines.
    Already tried that. :(

Edited by Semender on November 16, 2016 4:44PM
  • SmellyButtocks
    What controller you using mate? If PlayStation try "Input Mapper", if that is still a thing.
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    What controller are you using? I know the Xbox one controller required a driver update for them to work on mine.
  • Semender
    Semender
    Soul Shriven
    I use some random usb controller. I guess I'm gonna have to use some 3rd party software.
  • SmellyButtocks
    Try Input Mapper mate, MAY help. Worst case you uninstall it afterwards.
  • Semender
    Semender
    Soul Shriven
    I'll try it mate, ty for suggestion.
  • SmellyButtocks
    Actually if it works in other game's that probably isn't where the problem is...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a standard 360 xbox controller. It's typically what windows computers are built for.

You can probably go to a local walmart and get it for 20 dollars or less, with a dongle puting it just over 20 dollars.

You may even need to do it anyway considering that's just what microsoft does with their OS, make sure alternate hardware has a harder time being used, especially competators hardware.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on November 16, 2016 5:16PM
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    Or download xpadder and find your controller image and assign which buttons you need, that's what I do for my xbox controller
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are not using a Microsoft/Xbox controller, you are going to need to install a third party program like Better DS3, Input Mapper, Motion Joy, Xpadder etc to be able to use it.

Here is a link from a previous thread a few years ago which will help you out with a few ideas on how to map your controller and use it.

The third party programs have to be up and running while you play ESO.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/500517#Comment_500517

Hope this helps you a little bit.
    Far too many characters to list any more.