The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Newbie - Restoring Light on a Stamina Templar?

mashugana
mashugana
Is the entire Restoring Light tree useless on a Stamina Templar? I I understand the mechanics correctly then it seems that if I put zero in Magika then everything in the Restoring Light line would be useless to me. Is that correct?

Or are the base abilities still useful, just not as useful as a full Magika Templar?

Or can I split my points evenly between Magika and Stamina and still survive normal PvE content in One Tamriel?

I am not looking to PvP or be uber - just want to survive and enjoy the PvE story and content.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repentance which is the morph of restoring aura , which while slotted on that bar increases your stamina recovery and when you kills things you get back some health and stamina , channeled focus is another one worth thinking about as it will increase your spell and physical resistance by 5280
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some skills are utilities in that the underlying Attribute does not scale the effect, but instead provides a resource pool to cast it from.

The two mentioned above are examples of Utilities. The only difference between having 8K of magic and 32K of magic is how often you can cast the skill. There might be some increase in say Health returned with Repentance if you have more magic, but the underlying skill still does it's job effectively even with a lower resource pool.

And, you still want to focus your attributes into one or the other, especially if your going Stamina as you use up Stamina just getting around the battle. Use gear to spread around the Attributes if you need or want to.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plus repentance doesn't cost anything to use so it's a win win
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thank you! That makes a lot of sense