The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Enlistment

Belicourt
Belicourt
✭✭✭
Whilst I was pvping today I began to be very depressed by the amount of gold i have among my characters. To continuously pvp in this game and do nothing else means to be broke so i thought up a mechanic that would solve this whilst not being too rewarding.

The idea is that you have ten grades of enlistment or ten pay grades for each reward of the worthy that you recieve in cyrodiil. The best way to decide what paygrade somebody falls in would be determined by the top 100 people of pvp in increments of ten, top ten being the best paid as they serve the alliance the best (in theory). This also makes sense to me as the emperor should be making the most money because, well, royalty. Using this method would be rewarding twofold.

The first thing is that it rewards those that nearly exclusively pvp therefore giving them some extra cash to do what they love. I believe this is important because like many things in eso i see that the reward and the fun that should be had in this game don't meet up well enough in many cases. What i mean by reward and fun is that this is a game not work, so that being said, the reward should come from having fun as it does in so many mmos before it i.e. token systems in other mmos for gear.

The second purpose that this method would serve is that it may encourage more people to go to cyrodiil that have left because there is no point aside from ganking etc. This also seems to me that it would make the alliance war more immersive as you would be getting paid for your efforts instead of fighting for a keep that two groups have put a breach in for nothing...

Many may disagree and I would love to hear what others have to say about this idea as I would love for it to grow and be implemented in a way that zos would consider fair or even consider at all.

As i'm sure everyone is wondering the numbers that you would receive i have played with some below.

The amounts grow in each bracket of ten throughout the top one hundred in amounts of 50. The base above 100 is 250 and that makes the max you can make per reward of the worthy at the top ten would be 750. I am very aware that some people non stop pvp so there would have to be a cap of this (i'm thinking monthly cap); so I have been playing around with a cap of 75 100,000 gold monthly. For those that aren't so good at pvp i was thinking back to my comment earlier about taking a keep. Maybe you get a bonus for each keep taken or each scroll secured etc.

Anyway, i thought this was an excellent idea and would love to hear any feed back from the community. Looking your way ZoS.

-Belicourt
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an interesting idea, but we already get gold as part of our rewards for the worthy, as well as for finishing the campaign with tier 3 rewards (100k+ AP for the campaign). This rewards those who actively participate in the campaign as far as can be tracked by the game (AP).

Would it not be easier to just increase these awards to achieve the same outcome?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it would be easier but that seems like a bonus, not payment the rewards should be given out more often. Also, the amount you get is entirely disproportionate to the time some people put into cyrodiil as well the prices that pve dictates in the guild traders.
    Options
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    accidentally clicked post twice..
    Edited by Belicourt on November 16, 2016 2:04AM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the AP earned per kill were doubled during the thieves guild update, the RftW were changed to being rewarded every 20k AP instead of every 10k AP. Essentially you still earned them at the same rate. The bigger change was we went from getting decon items to items from specific sets (which, in a twist of fate, are now decon items). If the amount of AP needed to get a RftW were reduced, likely the item rewards would have to change as well. Honestly I like the idea others have mentioned of all Cyrodiil sets (i.e. the dungeon drops and the purchasable ones from the 3 towns) be placed into the loot tables for these. But it's unlikely they would give us set items even with the high frequency of crap traits even more often than they do now. I agree it's something that needs to be addressed, and the alchemy bags from IC are at least a step forward.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    i think that is a very important point. So maybe it is more advantagous to stop chasing fotm sets in rewards of the worthy, change loottable and bop so it can be sold, then implement a system akin to what ive outlined. This will put a system in place that can live instead of them constantly having to put man hours on a system that just perpetually pisses people off. Nobody will be angry that they get a justifiable amount of gold that they can actually use.

Thoughts?
    Options