The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sword of the Lich

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Alternate title:

Dr. Strangelich, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the RNG

I acquired every "thing" of the Lich that I needed for a build, with the exception of a sword. Well if it wasn't my old pal, Crypt of Sharts, on the undaunted list last weekend. I had pledged to no longer farm that dungeon anymore. After this informative bit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300662/the-problem-with-weapon-drops-in-one-tamriel/p1 I pretty much gave up my search.

I still did a little preamble to the dungeon group about how a lich sword is my white whale, unicorn, holy grail, and so forth. One guy after Illambris medium promises it to me if he gets it and off we go. I tell him he can have anything I get he wants, because I have three versions of everything in the dungeon but the damn sword. PUG group steamrolls dungeon, twins take a little longer because of the scroll for two keys. Feels like any other pledge...

I tell the guy I have his medium helmet, he can come get it. He tells me he has the sword I want.
drstrangelove03-300x169.jpg

After a bit of anxious haggling, I got the sword. Took a picture for proof before I made it gold:
[img][/img]15036301_1130239687092358_7834235691423405886_n_zpsa0xrdy6d.jpg

It is sharpened. I am happy. I am LUCKY.
Fear is the Mindkiller