Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need advices about vMA

Atmosfear
Atmosfear
✭✭
I tried to beat vMA with 2 characters, I've got 370CP.

The first one is à stamina sorcerer DW/Bow with Night mother gaze/veli dreth/agility and a random set on daggers and Bow. I reach 20k single target dps on optimal situation. I've tried really hard with this char and I've been stuck at stage 7 on last boss round, The behemoth. After 60+ triés I feel like I'm doing not so Bad but something is wrong with my char. I interrupt boss, kill poison adds, dodge AoE but there's a moment I just can't handle everything and that's the moment I die.

I thought my sorcerer was too squishy and that's why i tried with my stam Dk. I built it for vMA with SB/2h, tremorscale, knight errant and seventh legion. I thought taunt spamming procs would be enough but I'm stucked at boss round on stage 4. My dps is waaaaaay too low (7/10k dps).

Do you guys have any advice? I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't see what. If you need more infos ask me!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest instead of interrupting boss, kill the furthest mage add then run back and stand in the closer mage's shield so you can get some free dps down on the boss. Make sure not to kill it until he's finished screaming and not to stand outside of it. Works every time for me :)
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont interrupt boss on stage 7. Just kill one mender and stand in the bubble the other mender opens up.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Atmosfear
    Atmosfear
    ✭✭
    I tried this too but my range dps is terrible, but that's mostly because i've got the interrupting poison injection morph i can't use with this strat. I might give it a try with the other morph!
    Am i the only one being stuck at this stage? Is that the hardest one?
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atmosfear wrote: »
    I tried this too but my range dps is terrible, but that's mostly because i've got the interrupting poison injection morph i can't use with this strat. I might give it a try with the other morph!

Like I said, kill the mage that spawns far away, then run back into the bubble of the one which will be beside the boss. You can melee dps the boss then for a good 10 sec+
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kill the mender whos further away then run to the other one. You should still be able to dps him within 5-6m range but always put dots on him as well.
  • scratch45
    scratch45
    ✭✭✭

Harderst one is the last one not the poison one :)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's your rotation? So long as hurricane, bound armaments is up you should be going toe to toe with it spamming blood craze and thirst. Just back off the dw and go bow the minders and they'll drop quick. If a summoner comes up ignore them and kill him first. Got rend on too? The heal for that over 16s is op. Use that on the boss when you after the minders and you'll be fine.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Atmosfear
    Atmosfear
    ✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Kill the mender whos further away then run to the other one. You should still be able to dps him within 5-6m range but always put dots on him as well.

Ok I'll give it a try asap!
    scratch45 wrote: »

For real? Is it a dps race?
  • Atmosfear
    Atmosfear
    ✭✭
    What's your rotation? So long as hurricane, bound armaments is up you should be going toe to toe with it spamming blood craze and thirst. Just back off the dw and go bow the minders and they'll drop quick. If a summoner comes up ignore them and kill him first. Got rend on too? The heal for that over 16s is op. Use that on the boss when you after the minders and you'll be fine.

Yeah I've got rend and it's a classic rotation imo.
    I'm keeping buffs up, hurricane, bounded armaments and critic surge.
    Then i go Infinite, poison injection, daggers dot and rapid strike

But i was mostly using shooting star or dawnbreaker, i'll try with rend!
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stage 9 i always save my dawnbreaker of smiting for the crem guards or the ogrim things. Final stage and rounds is pretty much a dps race because ugly mobs will spawn if you dont dps the adds fast enough. This is the stage that's gonna make or break you lol.

If you run endless hail its gonna help you immensely throughout the arena.
    Edited by Skinzz on November 15, 2016 12:52PM
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    I would suggest instead of interrupting boss, kill the furthest mage add then run back and stand in the closer mage's shield so you can get some free dps down on the boss. Make sure not to kill it until he's finished screaming and not to stand outside of it. Works every time for me :)

Once I read advice like this, I progressed through this stage much faster. For whatever reason, when you attack the further Marge first, the other Marge ends up standing close enough to the boss that you can DPS during scream. That is key because you want to experience the minimum number of screams possible to give RNG death (poison under bubble) less chance of happening.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The last one may take you the longest to conquer but it's one of the easier stages imo once you know it.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • scratch45
    scratch45
    ✭✭✭

*** yes last boss IS a DPS race ! especially when cristals are dead, I only focus and burn the boss until he dies. I dont care of adds at this moment.
    Edited by scratch45 on November 15, 2016 1:08PM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found running to the furthest mage, put the boss and other mage in more or less the same place, so you can easily melee the boss whilst under the shield.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*** yes last boss IS a DPS race ! especially when cristals are down, I only focus and burn the boss until he dies. I dont care of adds at this moment.

Yup. You only need to worry about adds if you can't kill the boss before, during the first 3 gold ghosts blast.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

The last one may take you the longest to conquer but it's one of the easier stages imo once you know it.

I think the biggest challenge in the last Arena/ Final Round is that it is such a protracted fight that it simply gives ample opportunity to screw up. Most other final rounds are 1-2 minutes, whereas the last arena final round is like 4-5.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also spriggan is superior to night mother's gaze and very cheap if you're just buying armor.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** yes last boss IS a DPS race ! especially when cristals are dead, I only focus and burn the boss until he dies. I dont care of adds at this moment.

The last Boss is NO dps race at all!

You force yourself into it, because you ignore everything. You could kill guards, collect ghosts and eliminate summoners for days.

Even tanks did the arena. As long as you know it by heart there is no need to rush. Thats true for every stage except icestage and spirale stage because of the execute mechanics.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't interrupt boss, try to kill the add that is away from boss so you can damage boss while you are protected inside the sheild of the other one, also don't use hurricane with this boss since you can't control when to deativate the skill, you will end up killing both adds and dying of the scream, also try activating poison flowers yourself simply by running on them quickly so you have minimal amount of them, also kill the poison add with him activating one set of flowers.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to: Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice all around. Interrupting the boss is a big no no. Stam Sorc is much easier than Stam DK because of crit surge. I would stick with your sorc for sure.

My strat for what it's worth. Drop trap and hail and cast hurricane at beginning of fight and burn boss where he spawns. It's okay to move him a bit if there are flowers there. Don't reapply hurricane until after the add phase or you will call the add that is shielding you. When adds spawn, kill the one furthest away and then move back towards the boss. If close enough for melee, then just burn the boss. If not, use hail and weave poison injection until he stops screaming. Then take out the second add and repeat. You should get to the point where you only see one add phase. Obviously take out the summoners that spawn ASAP.

Don't feel bad. This is probably the most common place that I still die in here.
  • Atmosfear
    Atmosfear
    ✭✭
    I managed to Beat this boss with ur advices ! Thank you all! I'm now stucked at last boss of last stage, which seems to be really hard too ! But i'm still learning the ropes i spent only 20min on it atm!
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to Beat this boss with ur advices ! Thank you all! I'm now stucked at last boss of last stage, which seems to be really hard too ! But i'm still learning the ropes i spent only 20min on it atm!

Good luck! Keep putting trap beast, endless hail and poison inject on the crystals, it will allow you to work on the other crystals as well.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A dps race is a fight where the mechanics get harder the longer the fight lasts. The boss of stage 1 is a dps race cos he will continue to spawn more clones until he dies. This doesn't apply to the last boss of stage 9, you can take as much time as you need, if score isn't an issue, and the fight won't get any harder mechanically.
    PC | EU
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/100607478

The only video you'll ever need by me.

A walkthrough on gear and step by step each arena/boss.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648