The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is past ridiculous--Lag in PVE Dungeons

itscompton
itscompton
✭✭✭✭✭
I was trying to farm CoA1 on Vet by myself tonight again for the 50th time trying to get BSW gear but unlike before the second to last boss kept killing me with her big wind up attack because the freaking lag was so bad that even though the instant I'd see her go into the wind up I'd block but then I'd still just drop dead without even seeing her swing animation. That means on the server side she'd already started and delivered the one shot blow before the client even was told to begin to animate the telegraph for the attack coming. That's got to be at least a full second, if not more, delay because that is a LONG windup.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right... And I bet some "smart ass" will come and say that Group Dungeons should be done in groups, that's your fault, tocheck your Internet connection, your PC health and yada, yada, yada...
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right... And I bet some "smart ass" will come and say that Group Dungeons should be done in groups, that's your fault, tocheck your Internet connection, your PC health and yada, yada, yada...

Basicly this, it'll happen.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget they ones that chime in with "I have zero issues,not sure what's the problem durrrrrh"
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ever since 1T I have started to experience lag, whereas I so rarely had lag before this. I have 80MB/s fibre and a top flight PC, so it's nothing happening my end.

It is inevitable that you'll get lag some of the time, but it's a given that there will be serious lag spikes in every dungeon run nowadays.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've had any lag when soloing vet dungeons. The lag is severe in vet trials and sometimes maelstrom for me though
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    I was trying to farm CoA1 on Vet by myself tonight again for the 50th time trying to get BSW gear but unlike before the second to last boss kept killing me with her big wind up attack because the freaking lag was so bad that even though the instant I'd see her go into the wind up I'd block but then I'd still just drop dead without even seeing her swing animation. That means on the server side she'd already started and delivered the one shot blow before the client even was told to begin to animate the telegraph for the attack coming. That's got to be at least a full second, if not more, delay because that is a LONG windup.

Group Dungeons should be done in groups, that's your fault, tocheck your Internet connection, your PC health and yada, yada, yada...
    I have zero issues,not sure what's the problem durrrrrh

And I almost forgot, L2P

I guess that covers up pretty much everything you can get here.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the lag can be insane.
    I also have the shady figures issue again (where you have to wait for everything to load properly and npc and player chars are black for ages).

It was fixed a while ago but now it's back not sure if it's on my end but that's very unlikely.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason lag issues continue to plague this game is ZOS's incompetence. For a game that has the amount of maintenance down time ESO has and continual issues with lag, fps, ping, game freeze and crashes to desktop maybe some employee changes are in order. ESO has been live for a few years now and the excuses by ZOS have just got old along with passing the buck to internet connections, players computer etc.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    The reason lag issues continue to plague this game is ZOS's incompetence. For a game that has the amount of maintenance down time ESO has and continual issues with lag, fps, ping, game freeze and crashes to desktop maybe some employee changes are in order. ESO has been live for a few years now and the excuses by ZOS have just got old along with passing the buck to internet connections, players computer etc.

I think it's to do with the Game Engine they have created themselves. They created it based on Hero, but customised for their own use, trouble is they got rid of most of the work force when the game was complete and now no-one knows how it works so they can't fix any of the issues.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2NL :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »

I think it's to do with the Game Engine they have created themselves. They created it based on Hero, but customised for their own use, trouble is they got rid of most of the work force when the game was complete and now no-one knows how it works so they can't fix any of the issues.

Sounds about right. I've always said that ESO is a fantastic game in the hands of imbeciles.

For the amount of outages this games suffers for...ahem...'planned maintenance', it should be running slicker than a very slick thing in Slick Road in Slickington-on-Sea.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure it is down to the game engine.
    I run a 2011 laptop, running a m460 and 8gig of ram with a 120gb SSD.
    I have the 2meg package (yes, meg, not gig) from Sky (it's DSL, not even broadband as we can;t get it).
    Live in the UK.

Yet, I've been running CoA1 for EXACTLY the same reason as well as VoM for BSW and Rattlecage and worm Sets.

I have zero lag on them. It makes absolutely no sense.

My settings are all on medium if that helps?

I'm running the game on the SSD - again, not sure if that helps - and it's a quadcore processor - but then I assume most have better specs than me as it's a 5 year old laptop *shrugs*

Seen it asked in lots of places, but have you tried rolling back the graphics drivers?

Edit: I hoped this would not come off as just a "It's fine for me" by giving some sort of benchmark and sys setup...

Ohhh, have you tried increasing the LUA memory limit in the config file (Mines as 2gig). MM can kill the game with the data requests and lag it out bad.
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on November 15, 2016 1:19PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number of players / Number of megaserver cores.
    The higher the number at any moment in time, the more you are competing for megaserver cycles.

Primetime at the weekend should be epic.
    The joys of a game that more and more people want to play....
    ..without scaling the hardware fast enough to cope.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Buddheia
    Buddheia
    ✭✭✭
    There are some lag issues vMA as well. I have a good connection and today I got dc'ed 3 times in one hour during boss fights after 30-40 sec of massive lag. I get error304 when trying to log back in for 3-5 min. The third time it happened I took a break 5 min tops but the stage was reset when I re-entered... very annoying. Is this a common problem in vMA?
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, having similar issues, players are seen spiking back and forth, and fast forwarding. My own controls are lagging back and forth, something there is no response, something a boot load of fast forward. Then, I get kicked out after several minutes into the dungeon. The clincher is that, just 5 to 6 hours before, everything worked fine.

Group play just went to bonkers the moment that steam auto login patch happens, I just hope thats just a coincidence. My internet is working fine. Overland and soloing content in delves, public dungeons all work fine too. Its only group play that seriously screws me up. :(
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is still a thing.. seeing this a lot recently on XBOX. Lag in group dungeons.. it's not just for PVP anymore :(
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC-NA and for the past 2+ weeks have had lag spikes every 5+ min if I'm doing something active - like a dungeon or dummy parse. Ping goes up to 999+ and nothing works.
  • RayneHalo
    RayneHalo
    ✭✭✭
    Similar issues still on ps4 na, HA animation getting stuck, bar swaps not happening, general control of toon can be unresponsive at times for a full second or 2. These issues occure in all content but get worse and more frequent in group settings.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO has taken to randomly booting me from the game every few hours for no discernible reason. Used to happen rarely, now it's a daily occurrence. Not even mentioning the general lag while doing absolutely nothing
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RayneHalo wrote: »
    Similar issues still on ps4 na, HA animation getting stuck, bar swaps not happening, general control of toon can be unresponsive at times for a full second or 2. These issues occure in all content but get worse and more frequent in group settings.

This to the letter on XBOX! That second or two delay can get the team killed if yer the healer :(
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.... Slickington-On-Sea..... Sounds like a good argonian name
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea where the fault lies, but I am one of those with zero lag in PvE and in PvP it is still rare. I will have a crash about once a week or two, but the funny thing is, it only crashes when I quit out. I hit the quit button then it kicks me to desktop and wants me to write an error report LOL.

I am not a computer engineer of any sort, but why would I have zero lag with a 4 year old computer using very good cable internet, while someone with a top end computer with same internet is having lag?

I played DDO for years and lag treated everyone equally there. It was easy to say it was server lag.

Here with 1 person having zero lag and 1 person having terrible lag, what is the reason? It is not server lag or I would be having it as well. I have to think it lies somewhere between you and the server, and I am lucky to have no issues between myself and the server.

I was asking in guild last night and out of 50 people all online I had about 20 people say they have had zero lag issues and 3 people all said they were having horrible lag.

Do we still want to blame the server? DDO drove me away because of the lag, yet ESO is running perfect for me. I have a lot of experience with server lag and this does not seem to be it.