The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Facial Tatoos not showing?

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I recently purchased the Ebonheart Tattoo Set and I couldn't help but notice that I can't get the tatto on the face to show by any means.

I have tried removing my beard and other facial accesories - I have tried removing all my equipped gear to be naked and still zilch. The body tattoos show fine. Am I doing something wrong?
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we would need more information. All the facial tattoos I've tried work perfectly. The head and body have to be enabled separately. The pact tattoo has like a jaw tattoo and a chevron on the back of the head. If that fails, try in game support.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you wearing a skin?
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you vamp by any chance?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have both enabled :( I wish I knew what was going on but I guess I'll have to go the support route. It is actually the only tattoo I own... and I'm a bit peeved because I paid the crowns for an appearance change, specifically so I could remove the tattoos/markings I put on at character creation.

So now my guy is just plain faced (aside from Wrothgar Hermit Beard, Third Eye Ruby and nose ring. Basically turning any/all of these collection items off make no change.

Taking off clothing or switching costumes has no change - all in all it seems to be a bug :(

Thanks for responding though, I will contact support.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the crowns to spare - so I just went and tried to buy the Covenant Tattoos and they apply without issue. However, switching back to Ebonheart, still nothing.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• prettynink
    prettynink
    ✭✭✭
    I purchsed the dc ad and ep ones, along with the hairstyles (well except the ep hair style. sorry but the pact really did get a very unworthy hair do). I always have to go back to the beauty salon and tattoo shop everytime I fast travel somewhere, as it all just disappears. The expenses i have incurred to compensate 4 this bug Is through the roof :s .
    XBOX ONE: NA
    gt=PRETTYPHOENIX
    561 stam sorc redguard ad (Ma'tet) (9 trait crafter) (Stormproof)
    561 mag dk dunmer dc (Annaksunamin)(Empress)
    561 mag sorc altmer dc (Ammeratasu)(Stormproof)
    561 mag nb altmer dc (The Queen Akasha)(Stormproof)
    561 mag plar altmer dc (Sekmet Menchit) (Shehai Shatterer)
    561 heath dk imp dc (The Queen Khalessi) (Offtank)
    561 stam nb bosmer dc (Missandei Unsullied)
    561 stam sorc orc dc (Hannibal Lectress)
    561 stam dk khajiit dc (Maleficent Domina)
    561 stam plar redguard dc (Laggatha Lothbrok)
    561 healer breton dc (Harleen Quindell) aka Boots
    lvl 15 mag plar argonian ep (Sees All Draws)

Affiliations
    Guild Lead of xTheDarkBrotherhoodx(PVE.Dungeons,Trials,PVP)In house Trade)
    Officer in Daggerfall Big Ticks( PVP)
    UNREST(Trader)
    Motto
    Loyalty,Honor,and Respect

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-Off Stuff) Let Crown Crates Go Night Night, May They NEVER Wake
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @lagrue Does the tattoo sometimes appear and later disappear, or does it just never appear at all? Also, what race are you?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots would be great, @lagrue, if you are able to manage it ...
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    I do have both enabled :( I wish I knew what was going on but I guess I'll have to go the support route. It is actually the only tattoo I own... and I'm a bit peeved because I paid the crowns for an appearance change, specifically so I could remove the tattoos/markings I put on at character creation.

So now my guy is just plain faced (aside from Wrothgar Hermit Beard, Third Eye Ruby and nose ring. Basically turning any/all of these collection items off make no change.

Taking off clothing or switching costumes has no change - all in all it seems to be a bug :(

Thanks for responding though, I will contact support.

I thought I should point out you don't need to remove the body or face markings originally on your character. They are replaced when a style parlor option is enabled.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lagrue Does the tattoo sometimes appear and later disappear, or does it just never appear at all? Also, what race are you?

Dunmer/Dark Elf.

I did a bit more testing, and it seems when I load the game, the tattoos will show in the character select screen, they also show loading in the first time. However upon fast travel, or going into a new zone, they disappear. I didn't realize at first this is what was happening, but it seems to be the case that going to a new zone turns them off.

So far still no issues with the covenant tattoo - I've been to multiple zones since buying, and it's stayed applied.
    Edited by lagrue on November 14, 2016 5:31PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

I noticed that they dissapear sometimes along the Body Markings when I tested for the issue here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3525047#Comment_3525047

In my case it was when I selected addional Visual/Appearance. First Body Markings would disappear, and if I added another visual then also the Head Markings. Similarly when I didn't have Body Markings selected the Head Markings would disappear under the conditions I selected in the other thread.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author