The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Advice needed for Maplar inpromtu group heals - world bosses etc

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
I only PVE. I generally run around solo questing or exploring. Since OT ive enjoyed needing a random group to take down most world bosses. When I mix in with a group I try and take on the healer role and use DPS only if everyone is healthy.

However, I need some help with what skills I should have slotted. I have most skills learnt in resto and the Templar healing line but unsure what I should be using when the fight starts.

Forgive my neivty in the skill names but I generally start as follows;

- Switch to resto staff
- Lay down the skill that creates a circle where people are buffed within it.
- Activate the skill where the toon holds your staff horizontal and grants major fortitude etc for a time.
- I throw in spear shard and keep doing that as I understand others can gain back stamina from them?
- I then pile in to the enemies on the edges with puncturing sweep until someone is low on health
- I then either do the skill where she looks like shes praying (last 2 or 3 secs) or I got up the person and do the spiral over the head thing.

Rinse and repeat.

Again im sorry for not knowing the names, as im still learning it but that and getting into the detail is my next task now I understand the basics.
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    best healer skills:

breath of life
    ritual of rebirth
    healing springs
    combat prayer
    rapid regen
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but your strategy is generally sound. I can add some general tips for magplars...I have one.

1. Entropy (mage guild) grants major sorcery, increasing your spell damage by 20% for 12-20 seconds (forget how long). Any magic ability, including heals, will hit 20% harder while this is active, so it's a good buff to keep up constantly.

2. Radiant destruction is your finisher. It slaughters enemies once they're below 25% health. Heal through the battle, then when it nears an end a magplar can step in with some mighty dps. I get like...I don't know...4-6 ticks of 25k+ damage with this. Remember to use Might of the Guild (see #6)

3. Purifying light is a handy skill. It dooms an enemy for something like 8 seconds. During that time, the damage they take is counted and at the end of doom they take an addl 18% of the damage plus your allies get a heal. A lot of Templar skills allow you to weave some dps between your healing abilities.

4. Proximity detonation. Yet another ability you can mash, then let it do its thing while you focus on heals. It's a little tricky to time, but it can deal some significant damage. A healer usually stands between the tank and your ranged dps. When using proximity det, you try to time it to step close to the tank and the mobs with a puncturing jab right as it explodes.

5. Repentance. One of the best skills in the game, IMO. If you're running with stam allies, especially nightblades, the stamina recovery from this can be off the charts.

6. Mage light. This is an optional skill you might consider for your attack bar. It will raise your crit rating about 12%. That means one in every eight casts, including heals, is 50% stronger. I sometimes put it on my attack bar with radiant destruct, jabs and breath of life so that these spam abilities get the crit boost. Also, the mage guild passive Might of the Guild increases any ability cast after a mage guild ability by 20%. When a boss is down to 25% you should be walloping them with radiant destruction, and you should always be casting a mage guild ability before you do.

All of the above skills are candidates for your attack (non-healing) bar. A lot of healers just pile on two heal bars, but I personally find that it's better to round out the character with some solid dps and other buffs. Your heal bar can then include your rituals and the other heals you mention. In the early Part of a tough fight, I'll switch to the attack bar and cast entropy and doom...maybe turn on a proxy det and toss out a repetence if those are helpful. Then quickly switch back to the heal bar and continue working those. When the doom expires or the proxy explodes, it's a good indicator that it's time to switch back and cast another entropy, etc.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but your strategy is generally sound. I can add some general tips for magplars...I have one.

1. Entropy (mage guild) grants major sorcery, increasing your spell damage by 20% for 12-20 seconds (forget how long). Any magic ability, including heals, will hit 20% harder while this is active, so it's a good buff to keep up constantly.

2. Radiant destruction is your finisher. It slaughters enemies once they're below 25% health. Heal through the battle, then when it nears an end a magplar can step in with some mighty dps. I get like...I don't know...4-6 ticks of 25k+ damage with this. Remember to use Might of the Guild (see #6)

3. Purifying light is a handy skill. It dooms an enemy for something like 8 seconds. During that time, the damage they take is counted and at the end of doom they take an addl 18% of the damage plus your allies get a heal. A lot of Templar skills allow you to weave some dps between your healing abilities.

4. Proximity detonation. Yet another ability you can mash, then let it do its thing while you focus on heals. It's a little tricky to time, but it can deal some significant damage. A healer usually stands between the tank and your ranged dps. When using proximity det, you try to time it to step close to the tank and the mobs with a puncturing jab right as it explodes.

5. Repentance. One of the best skills in the game, IMO. If you're running with stam allies, especially nightblades, the stamina recovery from this can be off the charts.

6. Mage light. This is an optional skill you might consider for your attack bar. It will raise your crit rating about 12%. That means one in every eight casts, including heals, is 50% stronger. I sometimes put it on my attack bar with radiant destruct, jabs and breath of life so that these spam abilities get the crit boost. Also, the mage guild passive Might of the Guild increases any ability cast after a mage guild ability by 20%. When a boss is down to 25% you should be walloping them with radiant destruction, and you should always be casting a mage guild ability before you do.

All of the above skills are candidates for your attack (non-healing) bar. A lot of healers just pile on two heal bars, but I personally find that it's better to round out the character with some solid dps and other buffs. Your heal bar can then include your rituals and the other heals you mention. In the early Part of a tough fight, I'll switch to the attack bar and cast entropy and doom...maybe turn on a proxy det and toss out a repetence if those are helpful. Then quickly switch back to the heal bar and continue working those. When the doom expires or the proxy explodes, it's a good indicator that it's time to switch back and cast another entropy, etc.

Thank you so much. That really helps and you've answered it perfectly. I think I was pretty much getting there but with the mass confusion that happens with random players in a fight its hard to learn whats working and what is just a waste of time
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer