The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Special gear for thief/assains?

happymaarit
happymaarit
✭✭✭
Hello :)

I'm pretty sure I have seen a video or guide somewhere with a awesome gear that got you like 40% better chance to pick a lock and some other abbilities.
I have tried to find information about that kind of gear but totally failed :s

So I now turn to you awesome gamers that has been around a lot longer than me, what kind of gear/gear sets is there to improve thieving and assassination?

Best Answers

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a range of gear sets that can be used, although all of them are a bit niche and not very competitive in the wider game.

In the dark brotherhood expansion there were two sets specific to assassins, the flanking strategist (more damage when you attack from behind) and sithis touch (get major expedition after using blade of woe). Arguably there are a lot of sets that suit certain kinds of assassins, a good list of gear is available here.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Brotherhood+Sets

Also, here is an old link of someone who maximised their sneakiness
    https://m.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4a4b3q/tg_easy_mode_how_to_master_sneak?compact=true
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Night's Silence set's final bonus removes all speed penalties from sneak. That makes game so much better when you sneak faster than you walk.
    Edited by Lolssi on November 14, 2016 11:46AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    5x nme, 3x night terror, 4x eternal hunt/jailbreaker/hircine's/prisoner's/air (or air + 1pc stam rec)
    first two sets are important, others are just for max stam recovery
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some sets that remove the sneak speed reduction, and some that reduces the detection radius as part of the bonus. Actually there are two sets that reduce the detection, one does it with 3 pieces, one needs 5 pieces.

But, being in all Medium Armor, I can pretty much do any sneaking I need to undetected and the only things I can't steal have NPCs right on top of them. So, full set of Medium Armor and the passives unlocked is about all you really need.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    Answer ✓
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under world abilities you can put skill points into increasing these stats . There is no gear other then blade of woe unlock from Dark Brotherhood .
    Options
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Under world abilities you can put skill points into increasing these stats . There is no gear other then blade of woe unlock from Dark Brotherhood .

Yeah, I know about the stats, but I think it has been crafted sets I have seen, the post after yours might have it.

There is some really good sets, I have leveled crafting to 50 but never tried to craft anything beyond regular gear, I guess it is time to try it :smiley:
    Options