The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Idea for next endgame offerings...

mrowmrif2
mrowmrif2
✭✭
(This is my second time typing this out completely because i was distracted by 3 kids and nuked it all... sigh. Hope you guys look at this @ZOS_GinaBruno... i actually found a post of mine from Q3 of 2015 that talked about the strategy updating legacy sets just like you guys did in 1T, so at least we are/were on the same page as a precedent!)

So let's consider what we have now... group dungeons, pvp, large group trials, small group trial and solo trial. Each has a leaderboard for weekly rewards and to provide a forum to compete with other players. So what's next? I propose two possibilities for content and itemization.

1) "King of the Mountain" pvp arena. We were given dueling with One Tamriel... but there is no reward other than beating someone, and frankly... dueling has become obnoxious in high traffic towns that already experience lag from huge player volume. So i think it is time for our long-sought-after arena! Several possible setups: solo, small group, large group, on demand solo/group. The competitive solo and group setups would have their individual leaderboards measured in number of battles won in a row; you queue up, enter a randomly selected arena (various landscapes can be loaded!) and fight. Winner stays on to defend the title against the next opponent. For on demand arenas, there is no leaderboard... but you could set up manual competitions where you can go 1v1, 4v4 or even larger group fights! I foresee guild tournaments and just good-natured fun in those possibilities! Also for the on demand arena fights you can select your landscape! Enter a portal and away you go!

2) "Aedric artifacts" Thus far in ESO we have seen little influence of the gods... Meridia shows up to help us defeat molag bal, but we want more! So... Leveraging the storyline of the Serpent, Mage, Thief and Warrior, I propose a next phase! The scholars have determined you could be worthy of the gods based on your successful stabilization of the celestials; upon reaching CP 500 (!) you talk to one of the NPCs and they offer you a new challenge... bring them 'shards of celestial power' - return to the trials and retrieve an item. We have the 4 large group trials, small group trial (DSA) and solo trial (MSA). Each normal trial final boss has a small chance to drop one of these items; each veteran mode trial final boss has 100% chance to drop one; weekly leaderboard rewards have a chance to also yield a shard for each reward earned (which means pvp players can also complete these arrifact building quests)... and you could rationalize the next level of that being the shards exist as sellable items on guild stores - now we have a very difficult to farm item of high value to add another aspect of economy... and you wont find real money traders farming vMoL to sell them! Each trial drops a unique shard for a total of 6; these shards should be temporarily tradeable to group members similar to the gear drops you get currently. Take these 6 unique shards back to the NPC to start down the next phase of the quest line...

Phase 2 has you fetching 50 of one of the types of shards in order to rebuild a celestial artifact. Since each trial has a different shard; there are 6 groupings slots of items to build. For instance SO has One Handed weapons, legs and feet; HRC has 2h, helm and shield; AA has staves, belt and hands; MoL has bow, chest and shoulders; DSA has necklace and MSA has rings. Collecting 50 shards of one type allows you to purchase a customized piece of gear of one of those related slots. Each item chosen has TWO traits you can apply (jewelry are by default tristat); each also has a 1 piece bonus (the usual weapon dmaage, regen or max attribute); there is a heavy, light and medium set that can be built with jewelry and weapons of any type of your choosing based on the shards turned in. The sets have the usual 2-3-4-5 piece bonuses. The 5 piece is by default "increases the effectiveness of all skills by 10%"... You could repeat Phase 2 for new items as many times as you wish to build custom sets for each of your builds!

Seems a bit OP... a lot of people would freak out they will never be able to get them and that people with them will be too powerful and unbalanced. And yeah, no crap! That is the POINT. Grinding that out takes a long time to complete even one piece, much more for a whole 5 piece set. People already are doing trials, MSA, etc... but it all seems pretty pointless if you eventually collect all the gear drops from them - and that isnt sustainable for endgame long term. People will exhaust the content and stop playing... but this artifact idea provides those truly elite players with a long term goal that, when complete, will truly set them apart. That is the prestige of an MMO that ESO is lacking... i look back to a previous mmo i played for 9 years that had similar items that took 2 years to complete at best (and we are talking ONE WEAPON)... you see someone in town wearing one or in your guild running one... and you think, "wow. Badass." Exactly right.

So what do you think about these two ideas? Something new for pvp, smaller scale and with a variety of arena landscape zones for variety and potentially less lag, new leaderboards and casual content offerings... and a new artifact quest line to give players long term goals and economic potential.

Feel free to offer tweaks to the ideas, criticize, debunk or altogether lolz if you want... I have been thinking this for a year now and I think ESO is ready for this next level after the quality of delivery we have seen with 1T and the influx of new and return of old players. Thanks for reading!
Edited by mrowmrif2 on November 12, 2016 6:08PM
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    honestly I really enjoyed reading this and I hope it gets implented into.the game
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super difficult to get legendary equipment like that sounds good on paper, but in implementations there are often issues. Still, looks cool!
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the effort here but since ZoS never actually listens to the users this will remain what it is: A theory.
  • mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭
    KimoBitz wrote: »
    honestly I really enjoyed reading this and I hope it gets implented into.the game
    Super difficult to get legendary equipment like that sounds good on paper, but in implementations there are often issues. Still, looks cool!
    I appreciate the effort here but since ZoS never actually listens to the users this will remain what it is: A theory.

Thanks for the posts! The more responses and feedback it gets, the more likely it gets attention. Dont underestimate the power of posting here - they do listen; there just is a huge forum of ideas and many many bad ones to sift through...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point 1, a possibly never ending PvP battle of 1v1 would not be a good design. Having it instanced regardless of 4v4 or 8v8 or another group size and gaining points from each contest. It really should not be tied to dueling.

2. Besides this being something that should not be something that could be sold via guild traders or even trade-able except maybe to someone in your group at the time, it would create an imbalance that would swamp the forums more than the current baseless qq that currently exists. With that if it gives reason for players to run trials more I am for it if done properly. Additionally, it should only drop in vet trials and if dropped in normal it should be rare, maybe as rare as a monster helm dropping in a normal dungeon.
  • mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭
    Point 1, a possibly never ending PvP battle of 1v1 would not be a good design. Having it instanced regardless of 4v4 or 8v8 or another group size and gaining points from each contest. It really should not be tied to dueling.

2. Besides this being something that should not be something that could be sold via guild traders or even trade-able except maybe to someone in your group at the time, it would create an imbalance that would swamp the forums more than the current baseless qq that currently exists. With that if it gives reason for players to run trials more I am for it if done properly. Additionally, it should only drop in vet trials and if dropped in normal it should be rare, maybe as rare as a monster helm dropping in a normal dungeon.

Thanks for the feedback! I totally agree on the 1v1 - maybe implement a time limit with additional points based on a kill and overall points for total damage taken/mitigated/dealt?

And there will alwaysbe QQ and salt... i wouldnt mind the sellable item drops since isnt a direct wearable drop; either way would work if done correctly. I suppose the tradeable within group would be sufficient; people could always sell their drops if they werent building a piece.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and BTW, this is not really an idea for next end game offerings, just an idea for loot and PvP. ESO does not have a truly end game PvP setup.
  • arexroat1
    arexroat1
    Soul Shriven
    Please add more PvP. I need something with skill matching leader boards and item rewards based off skill. This gets my heart pumping and the worlds. ESO is sooo blehhhh. Get in the game or fall behind like Mario.
  • slayerwins
    I'm all for the first idea. It reminds me of the eve online tournaments. Having a time limit and a scoring system for battles would eliminate the endless 1v1 situation. I think you get points for damaged done, healing done, kills, damage taken ext. Would defiantly open up builds to run pvp groups. Imagine a group of 8 nb syphoning spider tank set up with lots of hard cc's. Survive, cause mayhem, drain resources, then focus damage for the kill... Rinse repeat. Just one idea that would add so much diversity to the game.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My idea was to have aedric/daedric world skill lines like vamp and WW.

Obviously they would nessairily have to be fairly weak in that case.

Daedric skill line passives all have big downsides to go with thier upsides and aedric ones are just positive.

Perhaps just an ultimate and passives for the world lines.
  • mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    My idea was to have aedric/daedric world skill lines like vamp and WW.

Obviously they would nessairily have to be fairly weak in that case.

Daedric skill line passives all have big downsides to go with thier upsides and aedric ones are just positive.

Perhaps just an ultimate and passives for the world lines.

Not really sure how this is relevant to this thread discussion... ideas are great but please stay on topic.