Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2 Random game questions crafting and resto staff

deevoh1991
deevoh1991
✭✭✭
I feel like wasted a few skill points getting my blacksmithing thing up from iron-orc-dwemer initially... is their any use for this? or did I just waste my SP? Since I can get Rubedite ores for free beinga Cp 200
Or should I just reset all my points in Grahtwood ? I'd use those SP's on my abilities/passives or research slots
Also on the resto staff the healing ward that creates a bubble around you, Does it stack? Because i was being killed and used it like 4 times and still I feel it only acted as 1 shield, or maybe the other guy was incredibly strong in PVP

Thank you, solved.
Edited by deevoh1991 on November 12, 2016 12:29PM
PSN GT : Divzor
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.: Can you re-phrase the first question? I don't really understand the issue. ;)

2.: Any skills that create a shield or armor or similar buff for yourself don't stack. They only restart the duration if you cast them again.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) If you remove skill points from blacksmithing you will get SOME Rubedite, but you will also get lower level (usually iron) nodes. If you want to only get Rubedite you need to put the skill points in (you are never going to need much iron). Also, the hireling is affected by how many skill points you put in, so there are some benefits to those skill points, but it is not much of a benefit.

2) Healing ward will not stack with itself (it will replace itself). However different damage shields stack with each other (e.g. you can be inside a healing ward and the light armour skill 'Annulment' - so that is a lot of shielding).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    1.: Can you re-phrase the first question? I don't really understand the issue. ;)

2.: Any skills that create a shield or armor or similar buff for yourself don't stack. They only restart the duration if you cast them again.

My first question was, What is the purpose of levelling up my blacksmithing ore ability (The one that requires 10 points that starts from iron and ends in voidsteel I think), Voidsteel is weaker than Rubedite correct? All other blacksmithing abilities I understand the purpose. This first one I don't (Same applies for Wood working and Clothing)

Thanks !
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    Deevo191 wrote: »

Nevermind ! I am a dunce I figured it out lol

as for the latter, Thanks !

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to level up the ore ability to be able to progressively use higher tier ores with each skill point. To be able to craft rubedite items, you need all 10 skill points in it.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    You need to level up the ore ability to be able to progressively use higher tier ores with each skill point. To be able to craft rubedite items, you need all 10 skill points in it.

Thanks for the dumbest and vaguest reasons I thought it would only let me get to Voidsteel instead of Rubedite in the skill slot
    It's a bummer though that you need so much ore to craft CP 160 Stuff .