The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does mount leveling apply to me or the horse?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
If I level up my current horse and buy a different horse will the level up stats apply to the new horse as well? Or do I have to level up the new horse from scratch?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its your character that you upgrade, not the mount.

So, it applies to all mounts you have or will get in the future on that character.

But, its not your account, so each character has to upgrade their mounts. Some will roll characters early, then park them at a stable to upgrade riding skills each day before they play them.
    Edited by Nestor on November 15, 2016 8:24PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor is correct, but if the answer was still confusing let's use this example. If I have a horse my magplar has leveled to 30 speed and I go buy a senche mount, on the magplar both mounts would be 30 speed. If I create a new character, that character could use both those mounts, but they'd start over at 0 speed and need to pay each day to slowly level it.

And as Nestor recommends, once you're used to a vet toon with a fast horse a new character can feel infuriatingly slow. I do what he does when I create a new character...I make one, then they sit at a stable upgrading their. Punt for at least a month before I use them.

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107

I edited my post to make it clearer. Somewhat, at least a little.....

And, yes, until the horse is at about 30 in speed, it's almost not worth riding.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options