The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Fix Overload.

bottleofsyrup
bottleofsyrup
✭✭✭✭✭
I cannot tell you how many times tonight I've been stuck in heavy attack and it drains all of my ultimate. No, it's not lag, as my ping is under 100 and none of the enemies are frozen in place. Judging from guild chats I'm far from the only one, either.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's an old bug. ZOS knows but has never been fixed. The only thing you can do is to click "block" and it will stop the animation.

....Cannot even start to explain how frustrating that is when it happens in VMA while under pressure....
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    No, it's an old bug. ZOS knows but has never been fixed. The only thing you can do is to click "block" and it will stop the animation.

....Cannot even start to explain how frustrating that is when it happens in VMA while under pressure....

That's when I noticed it too. Block is how I stopped it though it kept heavy attacking while I was in the block animation until it finally stopped. The targeting is also really buggy. I can be within range of the target and it'll be highlighted in red yet my light attacks will just fly past it.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well better then the "other" overload bug where it doesn't fire at all and you literally CANNOT use it, till your character dies. Thats been going on since I started playing 2 years ago lol... It's really just a trash ultimate to build yourself around.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • JmJ
    JmJ
    ✭✭
    There are at least 3 thing's iv expirienced with this overload witch should not happen:

1: Getting stuck at heavy attacking
    2: My hand do the animation, but i never shoot light attack
    3: Some skills like liquid lightning takes forever to cast on overload bar, comparing to normal bar. It's like there are cast time, anyway at least for me the delay of this is like 2 second's.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JmJ wrote: »
    There are at least 3 thing's iv expirienced with this overload witch should not happen:

1: Getting stuck at heavy attacking
    2: My hand do the animation, but i never shoot light attack
    3: Some skills like liquid lightning takes forever to cast on overload bar, comparing to normal bar. It's like there are cast time, anyway at least for me the delay of this is like 2 second's.

Can confirm all of this. Pls fix.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JmJ wrote: »

I've noticed this too! So annoying.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a major bug that was introduced with the revised animation priority system. ZOS, to my knowledge, has never commented on the issue. But it affects combat across the board, and I often get stuck doing full heavy attacks in the middle of combat when I just tried to light weave. But it always plays the full heavy attack animation (though usually doing zero damage).
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Very annoying ZoS needs to fix this but knows it for a long time now.. i always get my ulti up to 1K just for this

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    It's a major bug that was introduced with the revised animation priority system. ZOS, to my knowledge, has never commented on the issue. But it affects combat across the board, and I often get stuck doing full heavy attacks in the middle of combat when I just tried to light weave. But it always plays the full heavy attack animation (though usually doing zero damage).

Ahh, so that's when it began. Not surprised. Animation prioritization has been nothing but a detriment to combat.