The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another question: Templar Healing

Soafee
Soafee
✭✭✭
Okay so.. Tell me if this is even a possible strategy.

I've never enjoyed playing DPS classes in any MMO i've ever played in. So I thought, I could make a "pure" healer in ESO. I picked a Templar. I have all of the healing class skills maxed out, and all of the restoration staff maxed out... I was looking over the mage guild talents and such and honestly I don't see any that I would even enjoy having. So I have like 10 or more skill points just sitting there doing nothing because I don't care about any of the other talents. Could I start putting them into my crafting trees?

I'm not 100% sure how this game works yet so I was wondering if doing a pure healer would put my group at any significant disadvantages later on or if I should start leveling my dps skill trees? I really don't want too :/
Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With even a semi-competent group there will be plenty of times when your group is healed up and buffed up, at those times adding extra DPS to the fight is the way to go. When I'm healing on my templar I like to throw lots and lots of shards (you should be doing this anyway to support your tank and stam dps) and weave in puncturing sweeps whenever possible. A well timed meteor never hurts either.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    shards?
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    shards?

Spear Shards and morphs from the Aedric Spear skill line.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a number of support skills you can do in addition to pure healing, some of them doing damage too. :)

Shards and Repentance (stamina for the tank and DDs), "bubbles" (Mystic Orb, magicka for the DDs and damage), Elemental Drain (magicka return and reduction of boss spell resistance), Combat Prayer (8% more damage done for the DDs), Puncturing Sweep (heals yourself and does AoE damage), Crushing Shock (damage and ranged interrupt), Siphon Spirit (health and magicka return on attacks), and of course the "Jesus Beam" (Radiant Oppression, the strongest finisher in the game).

Lots of options to sink your skill points into and to fill your skill bar. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    I was looking over the mage guild talents and such and honestly I don't see any that I would even enjoy having.

You for sure want Inner Light for increased Criticals to help your Healing. Its the first active skill in the Guild.

Also, while you say you don't want to DPS, you should at least put some points into Jabs (morph of Puncturing Strike), as it heals you and does damage, and at least Spear Shards as that can give Stamina and or Magic back to a player in the group. Also, Sun Fire can be good for the Snare to help the group.

Also, Jabs and Reflective Light can take you solo through almost all the content in the game as do things to gather skill points and loot and such for other game related things.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    You should really consider putting some attention towards DPS even if you decide to be a main healer. Towards end game, there are groups that can sustain themselves pretty well with self-heals or you may sometimes get frustrated that your group isn't doing much DPS.

Even as a DPSer in dungeons, sometimes I end up needing to help healer heals.. I feel that as templar, it's strength is it's ability to be versatile and switch roles whenever needed and still be relatively good. After awhile, you'll also realise that healing in eso gets boring (i started out as healer and jumped to magplar dpser)

As for crafting skills,I think you're better off getting a new character that is focussed on crafting skills unless you don't mind going around finding skyshards because you will eventually end up wanting to try out another skills and skills costs skill points and skill points need 3 shards
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
    Options
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback :wink:
    Options