The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Important is Higher CP Gear?

EldritchPenguin
EldritchPenguin
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed that once I got to level 50, gear between CP 10 and 30 had identical stats.

How far does this trend continue? Is it worth crafting new gear over and over again up until I get to CP 160, or can I get away with using Kresh Fiber until then?

Thank you for your time.
Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you improve it to Blue, or even better, Purple, then you can probably wear it to CP160 just fine. Maybe upgrade your weapons at CP100.

Thing is, with the catch up mechanism, you are going to rocket through the first 100 Champ Points, and the next 60 are going to come pretty fast. So, unless your like me and have been collecting crafting mats since release on the PC, by the time you farm/acqiure the mats, you will probably over level the gear you were going to make.

Also, no shame in using those World Drops we have now that you get from Bosses. You will get plenty of those as you go through the game. Those would be fine at Blue if you keep them near the level you are at.
    Edited by Nestor on November 9, 2016 10:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    Answer ✓
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much.

Now it's time for me to go hunt some Skyshards.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options