Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Tables in Update 13 (Player Housing)

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you guys/girls think that they will allow us to have crafting tables in our houses come update 13? Could we pick just one type of crafting table (i.e. Julianos) to have in our houses, and the rest we would have to go out into the world and craft at the stations? I just had the idea and I thought I would get some community feedback on it.
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At best you might have the generic crafting stations, like you had in some of the Skyrim houses. Be nice if they give you the option to choose a set crafting station but doubt we'd be that lucky. Wouldn't help me much anyway as I craft different sets for my assortment of characters anyway.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many sets to do that with. Generic would be fine with me. I'd like to see it close to the Skyrim's Hearthfire housing.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What would be nice would be if...

You could research a drop set piece - gaining its "set" as if it was a trait - and then could craft at your table pieces of that set/piece match.

Not happening but it would greatly extend the life of "researching"

Not sure it works with 30 days per piece/set but hey, its something.

But craft8ing for equip really needs its 1T upgrade in u13. Likely u14 tho.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking they may introduce new sets specific to housing and allow you to pick from those new sets and add those crafting stations to your house. In this way people will have different craft stations and it would encourage visiting other houses of friends and guildmates.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking they may introduce new sets specific to housing and allow you to pick from those new sets and add those crafting stations to your house. In this way people will have different craft stations and it would encourage visiting other houses of friends and guildmates.

As long as they are not crown store exclusives..

Or worse.. crown crate exclusives...
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with those suggesting a generic table may be available. Would be great for uograding and decon/refining.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice but would make it were I would never leave; hence never gather resources along the way to the crafting station. Although it would cut down on time to refill the traders so I can spend more time achieving other things.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would make sense because crafting now is not a social activity. Nor does it offer any social interaction. It's just people clustering around spots, often annoyingly separated with ambient NPCs (not functional ones, such as smiths or woodworker vendors) getting in your way.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Do you guys/girls think that they will allow us to have crafting tables in our houses come update 13? Could we pick just one type of crafting table (i.e. Julianos) to have in our houses, and the rest we would have to go out into the world and craft at the stations? I just had the idea and I thought I would get some community feedback on it.

I doubt that they will allow us to have crafting stations for set gears in our houses, only general ones
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they would consider doing the crafting stations in different racial styles? Like Altmer alchemy station, or Orc blacksmithing station, or Breton clothing station. The reason I say this, is because it may fit the home's racial style of building more closely. That and all the station in game look the same (e.g. all blacksmithing stations look the same no matter where you go in the world-that said some clothing stations have have clothes or leather armor on them of different style they are all roughly the same wooden frame with the same tools on them.) Just saying some diversity would not be to bad.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this is the opportunity to make all that research worth something. Let us do a writ or something to unlock set crafting in our homes after we add the crafting stations.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501