The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was Trying To Defend My Teammates. But My Weapons Decided To Put Themselves Away.

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I was riding my horse. Saw my teammate get attacked. I got off horse. Ran up to the enemy. With my weapons drawn out. Trying to usemy magicka abilities. However my weapons decided to put them selves away. WhenI finally got my weapons out again. Was to late damage was done. Has this happen to any one in PvP?
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup it's happened to me before. It can be veeeeeery annoying if it's a case like the one you just explained, right before the action
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glitch I've been noticing, which has the same effect, is rushing to aid folks by swapping out of sword and board to two handed while mounted and hitting Stampede. At least half the time this results in that animation glitch where the sword is frozen in position over your head.

A quick weapon swap fixes it....usually too late, of course. Plus it makes you look ridiculous while putting a just-kill-me sign on your back.

Many a slip between the cup and the lip.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me too.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your weapons thought " you're teammates are ass" and was like "F that noise".
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been getting this for about a week now with a lag bonus to my abilities
    Why no maintenance?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• KranderH
    KranderH
    ✭✭
    I've had the same issue lately. I run up to the enemy with a full blown heavy attack to apply the sunderflame debuff, only to have my character sheathe his weapons and do nothing..
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get that a lot. Hell, most of my attacks don't work. I get any of the following:
    • I randomly sheathe my weapons during combat.
    • Light attacks occasionally display the full heavy attack animation, but deals NO damage.
    • Animations stop displaying altogether. Attacks work, but sometimes only the start and end frame of the animation display. I deal damage, but my character doesn't animation.
    • Animations get "stuck" midway through an animation. When this happens, I can't do anything (dodge, attack, bar swap). This happens most often with my Templar (using spear abilities) or Werewolf (leap attacks get me stuck in the landing pose).
    These issues started when the animation priority system was changed, and only seems to have gotten worse with 1T.