The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hel Ra Citadel Questions

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
So, i did my first Trials yesterday, since i needed some gear for PvP.

Pugged nHRC a couple of times, with no problems at all. We even did it 10 man, think it can be done by even fewer than that.

My questions are;

How much more difficult is the Vet version of HRC? Is it like the difference between Vet/Normal Undaunted 4-man Dungeons? If yes, is it the "old" difference, like CoH 1 vs. CoH 2 or the "new" Vet, which is just a bit more HP and damage added to the mobs basically (no new mechanics really) ?

I noticed that only the first run gave me a box with a weapon and a motif. Seems like that was the quest for the Trial, and i assume that only happens once? Or is it on a timer, like daily ? Did not get drops of Motifs in any other way, during 3-4 runs. So don't know how people farm this for Motifs?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Theres trials coffers, which is like, a purple coffer for each trial with normally a good item, or motif, its timer is not daily, but weekly (from what I was told). From what ive heard, veteran, is incredibly different from normal (my first trial was veteranHRC due to someones mistake and we didn't even realize till it was too late, so I don't know how easy nHRC is compared to vetHRC)
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Would compare the difference between nHRC/vHRC towards the Hist dlc-dungeons, although more difficult if your group doesn't work well. Most veteran trials are being done with guilds only. On top of that the final boss also got an additional HM. Same counts for all other trials as well, with nmol/vmol having a higher difficulty compared to their craglorn counterparts on the same level. Veteran trials have additional mechanics, or at least can't simply be ignored anymore.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on November 8, 2016 1:15PM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
    Options
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    there is a larger gap between norm-vet trials than there is with dungeons
    think nMA vs vMA

most pug groups cant get the first boss down
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the difference is pretty extreme, and the guy who compared nMA and vMA is pretty spot on.

I would argue that the jump in the 12 man trials is actually even more extreme because even if YOU do everything correctly, someone else can mess up and immediately screw you over. Having said that, there are plenty of guilds that clear vet crag trials with no problem at all.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Yeah, the difference is pretty extreme, and the guy who compared nMA and vMA is pretty spot on.

I would argue that the jump in the 12 man trials is actually even more extreme because even if YOU do everything correctly, someone else can mess up and immediately screw you over. Having said that, there are plenty of guilds that clear vet crag trials with no problem at all.

like he said, you AND your group has to be on point
    your tanks need to know how to buff/debuff (and run warhorn every 30 secs)
    your healers need to have proper sets and need to know which heals to use against which bosses
    your dps need to pull 30k+ and know the mechanics so that they dont die

i join pug vet trial runs about 3-5 times a week and none have gotten very far
    main reasons for this is:
    tank is too squishy or doesnt have the sustain
    healers are running sets that have "always worked" for them
    dps lie to inflate their dps and dont know mechanics

that being said i've also run with guilds that are so experienced that we're able to joke around and not pay attention to the trial at all
    most recently, i was on a vSO HM run and we wiped to the final boss the first time because everyone was laughing so hard at the junk said in ts. we took 5 mins to breathe, cool off, and redirect our focus and killed the boss no problem
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet Trials are meant for a full group of well-geared, max CP 561 players. The bosses in the Vet versions have 50 million or more health each, and random pug groups have zero chance of being able to do this content.
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    random pug groups have zero chance of being able to do this content.

yet they demand a group finder for trials. how mortal of them
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allright, so it seems pretty clear from these descriptions, that i should not even consider trying to PUG Vet HRC. Guess i will have to settle for blue jewelry :(
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options