The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK Tanking in low level dungeons

a.martin.ayusob16_ESO
a.martin.ayusob16_ESO
Soul Shriven
HI!

Due to the disastrous queue times for low levels (I'm around lvl 30 and yesterday I waited more than 2 hours) I would like to give a try to tanking in ESO with my Magicka DK, the thing is that all the guides that I've seen are sooo specific for end game, they give specific health and stamina stats targets mitigation etc etc, I would like to be able to tank in "low level" / non veteran dungeons without sacrificing leveling /killing speed for my magicka DK. Is that possible?

I am currently leveling 2H flame Staff, 1H Sword + Shield in my second bar and I have my skills morphed for tanking (mitigation) but what else would I need to tank low level? Do I have to respec my attributes to health and forsake magicka damage?

Edited by a.martin.ayusob16_ESO on November 8, 2016 10:09AM
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    If you wanna try out magicka dk tanking, maybe can try out soulshine(bind on equip) and orgum's scales(crafted) set..soulshine is a magicka friendly heavy armor.

Maybe you could maintain a 2:1 magicka:health ratio.. you can't forsake magicka if you are magicka tanking

Use searing strike and molten whip to maintain dps and self sustain and the other 3 slots to level whatever u need..

Well, this is if you can't rely on the healer.

If there's a templar healer in your group, he's most likely to spam BOL. So you could just slot molten weapon, dragon blood and reflective scales to keep ur group buffed and the other 2 slots your leveling skills

And, the best place to grind xp now is dolmein, specifically at Malabar tor.. there's 2 that is close to wayshrine and you could just slot elemental blockade+4 leveling skills or bash+4 leveling skills, whatever weapon u are using
    Edited by azfardajiwang on November 11, 2016 3:26AM
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    1h/shield bar:
    * Pierce Armor (taunt and debuff physical resistance down)
    * Dragons Blood (not green, the other one that gives you +% healed to you)
    * Absorb Magic (+% to block and most magic thrown at you heals you)
    * Ignecious Shield (health shield and +% to your heals you do)
    * Volatile Armor (+ physical resistance, instant armor, small AOE DOT)

Destro Staff Bar
    * Elemental Blockade (good AOE DOT)
    * Eruption (great AOE, DOT and % movement decrease)
    * Deep Breath ( breathing in AOE, heals the more adds you hit, then throws out a strong fire AOE but more importantly stuns all casters as you hit it with the breath.. strong heal)
    * Choking or Burning Talons (choking makes the enemies stunned, stuck and do less damage while burning stuns, stuck and a strong AOE DOT)
    * Burning Embers (strong single DOT and heals you back most of the damage you do... very strong heal)

You will get more out of the setup if you know how it works. Ignecious Shield increases any heal you and your party do by 33%. Then Dragons Blood heals you a percent of what your missing plus the 33% from the shield, BUT now while Blood is active, all your heals do more. So you get the 33% from shield, on top of the Blood percent to heals to you, then rock out Deep Breath for adds and hit Embers. Breath heals me 10 to 15k a pop sometimes, while Ember is in the 5 to 10k range. I can literally spam Embers 3 times when I'm at 25%, and will be at full health in 3 seconds.
    Also, for solo play, I do not use Breath. I use Flame Lash. Talons stuns and holds adds, and Flame Lash turns into Power Lash when something is stunned, which heals for 15k in 2 seconds. Best self heal we have but only for singles. Need Breath in dungeons, at least for me.
    Put all your points into magicka, health you can get from armor enchantments and stamina should only be used to block and taunt.
    In the beginning, at level 30, I would go more for sets that increase your physical resistance, rather than a damage or health set. Also, dont be afraid to combine sets. For instance, once you get high enough, 2 pieces of Knightmare have a physical resistance buff, and 3 pieces of Morihaus give you health and physical resistance buff. Serves well until you get your champion points up.
    Hope that helps.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry,
    * Rings and neck are Shadow of the Dancing for me.... +450 magicka recovery, +3,000 ish magicka points. And I use the magicka recovery boon, can't remember the name. Astronoch maybe?
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.