The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar DPS [PVE] [ONE TAMRIEL]

azfardajiwang
azfardajiwang
✭✭
Hey guys,

i'm looking for insights on how i could improve on my Magicka Templar.

Currently my Gear is;
  • 5 piece Burning SpellWeave
  • 5 piece Julianos
  • 2 piece grothgar
  • 6 Light, 1 Medium (only because i cant find light grothgar shoulders)

Dual Weild

CP Allocation

Blue;
  • 100 Elemental Expert
  • 21 Elf Born
  • 61 Thaumaturge

Red;
  • 8 Iron Clad
  • 20 Resistant
  • 62 Hardy
  • 62 Elemental Defender

Green;

100 Magician
82 Arcanist

DPS Bar (Dual Wield)
Rotation: Structured Entropy;Reflective Light; Blazing Spear; Puncturing Sweeps
  • Inner Light (While slotted, your Max Magicka is increased by 5% and you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.)
  • Structured Entropy (grants you Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20%. 100% chance to cause empower, increasing spell damage of next attack by 20% if cast within 5 secs While slotted, your Max Health is increased by 5%.)
  • Blazing Spear
  • Reflective Light (Procs BSW spell damage bonus)
  • Puncturing Sweep (Every Templar's bread and butter)
  • Crescent Sweep (High initial and DOT)

Secondary Bar (Sustain/support) (Destro/Resto)
I used to keep DOTs up by casting Elemental Blockade and Ritual of Retribution. However, i realized that it's too much of an effort and i just maintain the DOTs in my Primary Bar.

So, my secondary bar is-
  • Ritual of Retribution
  • Restoring Focus
  • Breath of Life
  • Radiant Destruction
  • Repentance
  • Reviving Barrier

Below is the image of my buffed/unbuffed stats
http://imgur.com/a/ZBiO8
Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    there's a choice you have to make; or you drop de resto staff (we're not the healer after all, no?) or you learn to live with the fact you won't achieve the high dps-numbers, drop structured entropy from main bar, slot that meteor of MG;

there are a lot of good builds online, but rotation is so important (and DOT's do have to remain in it)
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Run blockade. Radiant on dw bar. Meteor front bar, destro ult back or crappy spear one for crit damage on back bar. Drop entropy for pots or at least back bar it. Swap in trap beast for single target fights. Don't bother with ritual on single target
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would get rid of Ritual entirely. Put Unstable Wall of Elements in its place and you'll notice a guaranteed increase in DPS. I would also consider getting rid of repentance. As a magicka DPS class, that ability is only hurting you by wasting a slot on your bars. You could slot Harness Magicka or some other ward in its place. Or if you're running with a tank/healer that isn't doing their jobs correctly, you can run your own Elemental Drain instead.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would get rid of Ritual entirely. Put Unstable Wall of Elements in its place and you'll notice a guaranteed increase in DPS. I would also consider getting rid of repentance. As a magicka DPS class, that ability is only hurting you by wasting a slot on your bars. You could slot Harness Magicka or some other ward in its place. Or if you're running with a tank/healer that isn't doing their jobs correctly, you can run your own Elemental Drain instead.

You don't have to replace ritual for wall of elements if you can run both. Currently using the following skills here within trials;

Dualwield:
    Puncture Sweeps (Main Damage < 3 mobs)
    Blazing Spear (Main Damage >=3 mobs)
    Reflective Light (DoT + minor damage buff)
    Radian Opression (Jesus beam execute, be sure to run it on dualwield because of the higher damage)
    Inner Light
    Ult: Ice Comet (or Shooting Star)

Destro Staff:
    Trap Beast (More crit damage)
    Flex Spot: Ritual of Retribution (AoE), Harness Magicka in vmol (Defense + Magicka return), or Structured Entropy (Mayor damage buff) while not using potions or when there isn't a DK around.
    Wall of Elements (AoE)
    Channeled Focus (Defense + Mag Recovery
    Inner Light
    Ult: Supernova, or how it's called exactly.

Rotation in short: Using all skills from 2nd bar once, move to front bar, reflective light, then puncture sweeps or blazing spear for 3-4 seconds, back to bar 2, reapply dots + trap beast, bar 1 reflective light, puncture sweeps/blazing spear, and repeat.
    - Execute with opression instead of sweeps/spears when a boss/mayor mob is below 40%.

Currently using TBS 5x (Julianos in non-trials), Aether 4-5x & Grothdarr 2x. Lacking a sharpened maelstrom to run on my backbar. If you can't get aether yet, willpower also is a good option.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on December 3, 2016 10:17AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    Tinus_92 wrote: »

You don't have to replace ritual for wall of elements if you can run both. Currently using the following skills here within trials;

Dualwield:
    Radian Opression (Jesus beam execute, be sure to run it on dualwield because of the higher damage)
    Inner Light

Destro Staff:
    Flex Spot: Ritual of Retribution (AoE), Harness Magicka in vmol (Defense + Magicka return), or Structured Entropy (Mayor damage buff) while not using potions or when there isn't a DK around.
    Wall of Elements (AoE)
    Inner Light

Rotation in short: Using all skills from 2nd bar once, move to front bar, reflective light, then puncture sweeps or blazing spear for 3-4 seconds, back to bar 2, reapply dots + trap beast, bar 1 reflective light, puncture sweeps/blazing spear, and repeat.
    - Execute with opression instead of sweeps/spears when a boss/mayor mob is below 40%.

Currently using TBS 5x (Julianos in non-trials), Aether 4-5x & Grothdarr 2x. Lacking a sharpened maelstrom to run on my backbar. If you can't get aether yet, willpower also is a good option.

Are you not missing out on the Spear Passive for the 10% Crit bonus by not having a skill slotted on your back bar? I'd just switch out Supernova for Sweeps. Aside from that I use the same setup.
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Synroth wrote: »
    Tinus_92 wrote: »

Dualwield:
    Inner Light

Destro Staff:
    Wall of Elements (AoE)
    Inner Light

Are you not missing out on the Spear Passive for the 10% Crit bonus by not having a skill slotted on your back bar? I'd just switch out Supernova for Sweeps. Aside from that I use the same setup.

Depends on the situation. Some groups really can be helped with the supernova ulti for the 30% damage reduction, for example vmol's first boss. Would say it's also a flex spot more or less.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on December 12, 2016 11:40AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92