Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Difference between glyphs

Jciampi
Jciampi
✭✭✭
What's the difference between Itade Okama Kuta - deal 1900 daedric damage. And Itade Hakeijo Kuta - deal 5068 magic damage to daedric and undead?

What is daedric damage I guess? And I assume using the damage to daedric and undead would be useless against enemies who are humanoid?

Sorry. Just trying to understand what I should put on my weapon to make it most effective
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okama is Health Regen and I think the Rune your talking about does 1900 Unresistible Damage to the enemy's health. This damage can not be mitigated unlike Elemental or other damage. Not sure why they call it Daedric unless that is because Daedric has no way to Mitigate. Anyway, this damage is applied to any enemy when it Procs.

Hakeijo does damage only do Undead and Deadra so it will not effect Human Mobs, Animals and the like. So, its more limited in what it can do. This is why some will put this on an alternate weapon for Delves and Dungeons that have those types of Mobs, and a weapon with regular damage for everything else. Most people use the Hakeijo for Armor Runes to give a Tri Stat Buff, and not use them for Weapons due to the limits on what mobs it works against.

Then you also have the Elemental Glyphs that might be better depending on the passives for your character. For example, some passives give a bigger chance for the Burning or Freezing etc.

A good general purpose Glyph for PvE is Poison and for PvP is Disease, if the character passives does not buff the Elementals.

One thing you can do to test Glyphs for your build is to make both in Purple or even Blue, then apply them to the weapon noting the effects. Once you determine the one that works best for you, make it Kuta.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for that. Super informative. Okama is health. Using that rune combo game calls it damage health or something to that effect. I guess i could make some delve weapons to speed them up. Thank you again