The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dueling in Cyrodiil, Please Stop

THEDKEXPERIENCE
THEDKEXPERIENCE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Someone got angry at me for almost killing a dueler who was roughly 150 feet from Bleakers last night.

This was a one time pass.

Go duel where you are supposed to which is literally anywhere else.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol actually ill duel wherever i want thx. if you cant handle people getting mad at you for no reason ESO must be literal torture, good luck.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty dumb to get bent out of shape when your duel gets interrupted in a high traffic area. Pay them no mind.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, it was annoying before, but now with Dualing available, more so ha. Just Wreck Em and turn off text chat, the aggressors in this game don't dare speak ;)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I'm not going to bother leaving Cyro when someone from another faction asks for one duel. If you attack a duelist mistakenly, and you are asked to stop, how hard is it to block and move away? At least, that's what I do when I run into a duel...
    Outside of Cyro CP is enabled, which some of us prefer to duel without. Of course, you can just respec, but that's too much of a pain to do for one duel. :p
    Edit: Of course, if it's a high traffic area the duelist should know that they might get interrupted and might want to find a different spot ;)
    Edited by PemPem on November 10, 2016 3:50PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PemPem wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm not going to bother leaving Cyro when someone from another faction asks for one duel. If you attack a duelist mistakenly, and you are asked to stop, how hard is it to block and move away? At least, that's what I do when I run into a duel...
    Edit: Of course, if it's a high traffic area the duelist should know that they might get interrupted and might want to find a different spot ;)

90% of the time, so-called duellers are friend farmers.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your biggest mistake was that you almost killed them. Should have just finished the job :naughty: but that may just be me getting my own sense of joy and amusement when duellers rage.
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

90% of the time, so-called duellers are friend farmers.

Not sure how that has anything to do with the topic at hand?
    Edited by PemPem on November 10, 2016 4:18PM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think dueling in Cyrodiil is fine. That being said, if somebody chooses to duel in an area where you would expect players to be traveling, they really have no right to be upset if they are interrupted. I've had impromptu duels become interrupted because we were dueling between two keeps owned by by opposing factions, and I was fine with it because I realized that people from both alliances would likely be traveling near us and not know (or care) that we're dueling. I've also been yelled at for interrupting a duel that was going on next to a resource that was literally under attack.
  • ultimate_jax
    yea crodiil is a war zone and now after 1t they dont have a reason to duel inside it, actually its better if they duel in any other area so they contribute to less lag (Trueflame) and this is why everytime I see a duel I crash it and the butthurted can come and kill me (if they can)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If people duel in high trafficed areas or outside of keeps they get what happens to them. Cyrodiil is PVP, and I'm not going to go "Should I let my teammate die?" in the even they're getting ganked. If people expect me to sit idly by while they get wiped I'm not going to. Granted, if it's in the middle of nowhere, I will assume it's a duel and respect that, but if you're outside of a keep... that's ridiculous. I'm screwed if I interrupt the duel and screwed if you're getting ganked and I let you die. I have zero way to know that.

And yes, I can sit there going "/s dueling?" over and over, but if you don't respond, I shouldn't be expected to spot check everything. I respect duels, but duelists also need to respect other players.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wont watch a faction member die. Just wrek them. They will move or stop.

I think the bottom line that duelers need to remember is, in cyro, dueler lives dont matter. Duel at your own risk.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on November 17, 2016 6:02PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in cyro you're fair game
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had someone duel right outside Fare mine a few days ago, right in the path I was taking so I get off my horse kill the guy and proceeded to get /Y at in chat
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Cyro CP is enabled, which some of us prefer to duel without. Of course, you can just respec, but that's too much of a pain to do for one duel. :p

way i see it, if you dont want your duel interrupted, leave cyrodill. since you have the option to duel any alliance player outside cyrodill, i will not hesitate to attack duelers.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh when I duel a friend in gyro and we get interrupted we just pause the duel and kill the interruption, his fault if he is engaging us, them zergling scrubs
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    tbh when I duel a friend in gyro and we get interrupted we just pause the duel and kill the interruption, his fault if he is engaging us, them zergling scrubs

If you get zerged I highly doubt you'd kill the interruption. You'd LoS for 2 minutes before getting cut down then rage whisper one of the random people in your recap. Let me know if I'm getting close.

Edited by Alucardo on December 7, 2016 8:01AM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well ye but most of them time the zergs ignore us and only some *** engage us who think dueling shouldnt be a part of pvp and all duelers are cheaters cause they are friends with the enemy and wanna trade ap with them lol
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when I'm dueling someone and a pleb comes in and tries to ruin it and I just rekt him and go back to the duel. Meanwhile the group around the duel is tea bagging the loser.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    I love when I'm dueling someone and a pleb comes in and tries to ruin it and I just rekt him and go back to the duel. Meanwhile the group around the duel is tea bagging the loser.

I feel bad for them personally. Half the time they don't even realise it's a duel and wonder why their allies are standing around watching them die.
    PVP hasn't stripped me of all my feelings, yet.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol this has happened so many times to me - not necessarily when dueling but when having an intense 1v1. A 3rd party jumps in and if it's my alliance I just back off and let my opponent destroy them so we can have a good and honorable fight, or if it's the 3rd alliance we both kill them. I've received so many rage tells about it.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 7, 2016 2:41PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    lol actually ill duel wherever i want thx. if you cant handle people getting mad at you for no reason ESO must be literal torture, good luck.

That is fine, duel where ever you want but don't get upset when my cold fire hits you in the face. If u want players to respect duelers, then how about going far from a keep and duel.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    I love finding duels in cyrodiil. Really makes me enjoy the gank blade a lot more. A whole lot more. QQ guys take it outside cyro I'm killing anyone I can.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I saw, Cyrodiil was designed for AvAvA, a war. Not epeen v epeen. Don't worry about it, OP.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Lol this has happened so many times to me - not necessarily when dueling but when having an intense 1v1. A 3rd party jumps in and if it's my alliance I just back off and let my opponent destroy them so we can have a good and honorable fight, or if it's the 3rd alliance we both kill them. I've received so many rage tells about it.

I personally don't believe there is much honor in letting a fellow soldier get slaughtered by the enemy, but who am I right? :^)
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally don't believe there is much honor in letting a fellow soldier get slaughtered by the enemy, but who am I right? :^)

It depends on your perspective. I'm bringing the notion of "solo artist" honor from DAOC into my thought process here. We always respected each other, and when some coastguard pleb jumped into a fight we would destroy them. Personally if I'm having a great 1v1 with someone who knows their stuff, I apply that respect to them... but not the guy who jumped into the fight. Maybe he was all "for the realm" and stuff, but I just see it as leeching.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It depends on your perspective. I'm bringing the notion of "solo artist" honor from DAOC into my thought process here. We always respected each other, and when some coastguard pleb jumped into a fight we would destroy them. Personally if I'm having a great 1v1 with someone who knows their stuff, I apply that respect to them... but not the guy who jumped into the fight. Maybe he was all "for the realm" and stuff, but I just see it as leeching.

We see this 100% opposite. Haha. I'm pretty "for the realm" and stuff, lol. I really hate it when people don't help others in their alliance to be honest.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    no
  • Exile2112
    Exile2112
    In response to the threads original post: until there is anything besides a title to be gained for dueling outside of cyrodiil There will always be dueling inside cyrodiil. A few have mentioned that dueling in cyrodiil is done at the duelers own risk which is true. However, if you see 1 person fighting 1 person why would you feel the need to jump into a fair fight?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exile2112 wrote: »
    In response to the threads original post: until there is anything besides a title to be gained for dueling outside of cyrodiil There will always be dueling inside cyrodiil. A few have mentioned that dueling in cyrodiil is done at the duelers own risk which is true. However, if you see 1 person fighting 1 person why would you feel the need to jump into a fair fight?

How else are you going to defend the queen and protect the realm and stuff? I mean this is serious life and death stuff.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exile2112 wrote: »

How else are you going to defend the queen and protect the realm and stuff? I mean this is serious life and death stuff.

Exactly!

For the Pact and stuff!

In all seriousness though, if you're in my way and a different color you're getting attacked. If you kill me when I do this feel free to teabag me or something.