Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirn Drop Rates and Locations?

Galenus_of_Pergamon
Is Craglorn the only zone in which Nirn drops from nodes?

Does it drop more often from node type than any other?

Since the update, what's the official drop rate percentage?

Is there a 50% chance to get fortified and a 50% chance to get potent? If not, has Zenimax released an official number about percentage of Fortified Nirncrux versus the percentage of Potent Nirncrux?

Thank you in advance for any info :smile:
14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    Does it drop more often from *one specific* node type than any other?
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of Craglorn is where you find the Nirncrux

Drops from Cloth, Wood, Metal and Hide Nodes (the last are the Imps and Wewla's for the most part). Alchemy and Enchanting do not drop the stuff. Nor do the Mines for some strange reason.

The Armor Nirn drops far more often than the Weapon Nirn (Fortified and Potent)

The Drop rate is quite low, I have not seen a Nirn in quite a while, but it's supposed to be around 1 in 50 (used to be 1 in 100 but it was doubled, but not from what I can see). Helediron who farms this stuff more than I do says 1 in 200. I can't verify that as when I do get the Nirns, I get them quite often from a few nodes, and when I don't get the Nirns, it is after 100 of them that I give up.

Edited by Nestor on November 7, 2016 10:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For harvesting purposes it drops from Cloth, Wood and Metal nodes. It drops only very rarely from animals. there is very very low droprate from heavy sacks.

The droprate from Cloth, Wood and Metal nodes was earlier 1 in 400 so doubled rate should be now 1 in 200, and it really seems to have been doubled. Survey map nodes should have even higher rate but they are now impractical because of low droprate of Craglorn Survey Maps. Droprate between the two types is 80% fortified, 20% potent. Plentiful Harvest passive increases droprates and you can even get two nirncruxes from one node.

These statistics come from my own notes after harvesting several hundreds of them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rate is low but sometimes you can get lucky. I had one time, third node I hit up when I arrived, got both a potent and fortified nirncrux. I was sure lightning would kill me later that day for that kind of RNG luck.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got potent in a heavy sack while doing a trial