The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Nightblade Help

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Been away for a while, now coming back to play. As of right now im running 5 julianos (2x swords) front bar and 5 seducer ( restro staff) back bar, all light armor. Started dueling mostly goes like this, either I dps someone down and win or I do no damage always on defense and eventually run out of stamina and cant break out of cc. So since i have not been on for so long whats good these days what are people running? Should I use a staff now? In general i'm just looking for a new build that is updated with the new patch. Thanks for any help.
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Staff ult (eye of the storm) is about the only good thing for mag in this update. you can use that if you want to use destro or soul assault for dw

Gear wise try rattlecage for spell dmg and since it's heavy you'll get some better resistance. you can try transmutation for added resistance or seducers or kag's or w/e honestly.

As a mageblade you'll likely die when you run out of stam. Never block and put cp into tumbling for cheaper dodge roll and break free.(although I'm only able to only get about 2 dodge rolls at a time, make sure you use them only when absolutely necessary).

Know your build and class. Nbs have really good buffs and debuffs. Make sure to always keep them up and weave your light/heavy attacks, especially if you have siphon strikes which gives back mag and stam on your weaves and a 10% chance to give them back with other abilities.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what your doing. Despite what all the "experts" on here say, I have a lot of fun on my magblade in PVP and the very little PVE that i do which is usually just in imperial city anyway and the occasional dungeon. Your sets are still good but I would suggest changing two pieces to heavy and putting impen traits on all pieces. Will make a huge difference for PVP. I use the below set up on my magblade in PVP and PVE

PVP
    Front bar - duel wield
    5julianos, 3magnus (seducer is better), 3 willpower, 1xkena. 2 heavy & 5 light all impen
    Back bar - resto staff
    3julianos, 4magnus, rest - as above

PVE
    Front bar - duel wield - single target damage
    As above
    Back bar - destro staff (any element) - buffs&AOE damage
    As above
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves