The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lightning staff bug?

Lokey0024
Lokey0024
✭✭✭✭✭
The tooltip states 122% dmg done in aoe around the target, yet hits markedly lower on surrounding targets in pvp. Is it a bug? I know factoring in resists and such, but it should just base dmg on main target and start the calc there, right? But while i target the newb with no cp to hit ticks of 2.5k, it hits the people around him for 1300. Shouldnt it be around the same?

TLDR: staff heavy attacks aoe is weaker then intended, or just me?
Edited by Lokey0024 on November 6, 2016 2:21PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well since the patch, most likely a ninja nerf.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check again but I've been seeing my aoe hitting harder
    Options
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    On NPC outside Cyrodiil you'll see it hit for the correct amount per the description.

If you look at your character sheet under the buffs section you'll notice that while in Cyrodiil your AOE damage is reduced by 50%
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is getting reduced by battle spirit on the main target channel and then reduced again on the aoe, so in effect the aoe only is getting double reduced by battle spirit.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Perhaps it is getting reduced by battle spirit on the main target channel and then reduced again on the aoe, so in effect the aoe only is getting double reduced by battle spirit.

With the numbers OP gave, that sounds exactly right. It would also be in line with other oversights of this nature in the past, where certain skills got "double reduced" by Battle Spirit due to sequential damage/healing.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On NPC outside Cyrodiil you'll see it hit for the correct amount per the description.

If you look at your character sheet under the buffs section you'll notice that while in Cyrodiil your AOE damage is reduced by 50%

This is the answer. Dam so 25% dmg in pvp. Tooltip 61% (half) and battle spirit. Kinda feelsbadman
    Options