Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What Did I MIss?

AKB
AKB
✭✭
So I've been playing a bit on and off since beta, haven't really finished the principle game yet. I now have a lot more time for this game, and would like to get into it properly. What all have I missed?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a read but this is my take on the game as of late if you are interested:

The latest update was One Tamriel in which they opened up the world for you to play in. You can now go anywhere on the map and do all quest from any alliance starting from lvl 1. Everything is scaled to cp160 now (or vr16 depending how long you have been away) including your character. You can now quest with players from any alliance as well so if you have friends that are blue to the end or suffer from yellow fever you can now group up and quest away

Zones are now instanced instead of everyone jumping into the pool at once which is very nice. Cuts down on the lag at the big cities. Its still there don't get me wrong, but its not nearly as bad as it was. For me at least

There have been a PILE of new sets/monster sets introduced with this last patch as well so if you are someone who likes to collect sets or farm them to sell there is no shortage of loot to scoop up. Almost every dungeon drops 1 light, med, heavy set and every province drops 1 light, med, heavy set as well. Dolmens drop the jewls and delv/world/public dungeos divy up the rest fo the pieces. Delv bosses drop waist and feet with a chance at weapons/shield, public dungeon bosses drop shoulders, hands and weapons/shield and world bosses, which are not easy at all anymore and almost require at least 3 people, drop helm, chest, legs and weapons/shield.

The majority of the dungeons now have 3 modes: Normal Veteran and Hard modes. You get a 100% drop chance for a helm in anything above Vet and a pretty solid chance in normal mode as well. Although, I'm not quite sure the exact %. Certain dungeon modes drop different monster sets as well if I recall correctly (I'm sure i will be corrected if I am making stuff up)

I know what you are thinking and yes, RNGesus hates you and will punish you and when you are about to rage quit and throw your remote/mouse through your tv/monitor because you have been dolmen farming for 3 days and haven't gotten 1 purple ring/necklace yet, from ANY set never mind the set you actually want, he will bestow upon you 1..... yes, 1 purple piece and keep you hanging on the verge of homicidal rage for days and somethimes weeks.

You can now duel players as well. Simply walk up to them and ask them to duel (or picture yourself slapping them with a white glove while saying "You insulted the honor of my lady good sir, I challenge you to a duel")

Weapon lines now have ultimates as well which is pretty awesome. Each have very unique abilities and morphs adding a lot of theorycrafing in build setups.

Craglorn was remade into a more solo player friendly zone as well so no need to group up to farm nirncrux and do dungeons.

All the big guilds (fighters, mages, undaunted) now have daily quests to do, as well as Hews Bane, The Gold Coast, Craglorn, and Wrothgar all for a chance at some new motifs and gets you really exploring Tamriel

PVP is a very stamina favored meta right now with heavy armor receiving a large buff a few updates ago and proc sets are running rampid. If you enter Cyrodill not wearing heavy armor with at least 25k health you are gonna struggle to keep alive for longer than 3 seconds when you encounter someone (or 1.2 if all their sets proc off the start). There are others that sill do very well in PVP land in light and medium armor but they are slowly becoming a dying breed.

Player housing was anounced a few months ago as well. The next update in Q1 of 2017 should bring that intot the game and it's got everyone pretty excited and with good reason. There will be 3 different house sizes available (no word yet on prices at least thatI can find) and each house will have 3 race based style options from your alliance.

As far as I'm concerned the latest patch really changed the game for the better in a huge. It made the game feel very alive and thriving. Everyone has their opinions of it and some really didn't like the new changes. The game has its flaws/imbalances and needs some pretty substantial tweaks and adjustments no question, but I feel that with the One Tamriel update the game took a huge step forward in becoming more like a true Elder Scrolls open world game and more like the game that they wanted to release on day one.

Again, sorry for the long read. I tend to get carried away when discussing this game.