Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Zerg Requirements?

Emothic
Emothic
✭✭✭✭
I have a quick question. How many players is required for it to be considered a Zerg? I think its around 50 or more players before it is considered a zerg. However some individuals think that more then 12 players is a zerg. Of which I find that nonsense. So how many player does it take to be counted as a zerg?
Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how many players you're fighting. 6v12 ain't really a zerg but 1v10 is.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    If they have more players than your group then they are a zerg.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When your galloping like the wind to the next keep with your group an then suddenly some of them are turning back its a zerg :#
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than what you have if your losing,otherwise it's fair lol
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apparently any group 2 players or higher is considered a zerg
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    So from what I'm understanding is that every single player fighting in a campaign is zerging. And the only ones who aren't zerging are the solo players "ganking" enemies by themselves.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is simply defined as overwhelming your enemies with huge numbers. I've seen you asking about it in game chat... and yes your guild is known to zerg and a lotta other things.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Zerging is simply defined as overwhelming your enemies with huge numbers. I've seen you asking about it in game chat... and yes your guild is known to zerg and a lotta other things.

See that's one thing that confuses me. So if my guild is considered a zerg when we play, and we always fight against enemy groups that are larger then us. Are we then still zerging, or is the enemy attacking us zerging. What I mean is that are we no longer considered a zerg if we are in a fight against a enemy force twice or more times our size? Or is it that both my group and the enemy force is still considered a zerg. Also since my group is on an average of 12 to 16 players, wouldn't majority of the EP players be considered a zerg, seeing how majority of them are always in large 50 player or more groups, and that my guild is not considered a zerg? And if not then are there something such as a small zerg and large zergs exsist? And couldn't one be better then the other in some way? Also if a 5 player group attacks a single enemy player are they considered a zerg as well, since the used overwhelming numbers against that 1 single player?

I seems to me that there needs to be some more defining definition for the term. Because as it is now, a zerg is just whatever someone says it is. No real defining meaning to it.
    Edited by Emothic on November 6, 2016 7:44PM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg is a pretty loose term. I wouldn't stress about it lol. Just play the game and have fun.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I consider a large mass of players a zerg, skill or no skill. 5-15 players is a group. Anything past that is a zerg.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Zerg is a pretty loose term. I wouldn't stress about it lol. Just play the game and have fun.

Oh I wasn't stressing about it, I was just curious. I'm the kind of person who takes time to learn new things, weither they be useless or not, and then look at it in a philosophical way to understand it even more.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post ok phone lol
    Edited by Skitttles on November 7, 2016 6:16AM
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 players definitely, 1 is borderline.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every large group seems to only see the chevrons in their group and don't see the other players in their periphery. So everyone is zerging and no one thinks they're zerging.

Ex. EP guild has a 16 man group at DC fighting 20 scattered DC solos. 30 more EP solos trickle into the keep and you wipe DC. Meanwhile a DC 20 man group arrived at the front door as you are engaged with the scattered DC. You also have all those DC solos rezzing at bruma (because that 20 man just took it) and trickling back in. So now you have 46 V 40 while you sit in your 16 man or 20 man group and say everyone else is zerging.

You also take screen grabs from your point of view as proof.
    Edited by tonemd on November 8, 2016 5:03PM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Zerging cant be decided by numbers. Zerging is a state of mind.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can zerg on your own if you use the right proc sets and/or WW ulti.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you think you're a zergbad, you're probably a zergbad
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    If you really want to know what zerg means, go the empirical route and run around solo for a bit. You gon learn, son.
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simples.. If its too many for you to stand and count before they kill you, go out of sight, or make you lose track cos of their movements - then its a zerg.

If you can put a number to it - well, then it that number - Otherwise, its 'a zerg'.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zerging is relying on numbers rather than skill/strategy to achieve your goals.
    If you fight other groups of relatively the same size, it's all good (until the server starts lagging and then people will rightfully complain).

PvP means killing and dieing, but people don't like dieing without a fighting chance. It's a more enjoyable experience when you die and can learn from your death so that you'll do better the next time. (also applies to oneshot ganking as well in my books)

Dieing because 20 people felt the need to chase you down for 5 min just tells you they are .... well you know what they are.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Every large group seems to only see the chevrons in their group and don't see the other players in their periphery. So everyone is zerging and no one thinks they're zerging.

Ex. EP guild has a 16 man group at DC fighting 20 scattered DC solos. 30 more EP solos trickle into the keep and you wipe DC. Meanwhile a DC 20 man group arrived at the front door as you are engaged with the scattered DC. You also have all those DC solos rezzing at bruma (because that 20 man just took it) and trickling back in. So now you have 46 V 40 while you sit in your 16 man or 20 man group and say everyone else is zerging.

You also take screen grabs from your point of view as proof.

You forgot to mention that those 20 solo DC within 40 man blob are still claiming they are "solo" and "1vXing" :D

If you are fighting 12 v 30 you are not zerging, fighting 12 v 2 you are :) ensuring fights of equal numbers in open world is impossible.
    I do my best not to order my group to attack someone already fighting outnumbered, but apart from that its not much to do about it.

For me what defines group type is weather its organised with good teamwork (group/raid) or mindeless blob of mostly uncompetent players (zerg).
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 10, 2016 8:53PM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 3 Q's Haiku for Zerglings:

Quality under
    Quantity and the hive mind
    Questionable skills
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    apparently any group 2 players or higher is considered a zerg

This ^^^ I run in a small group of 4 or 5 we are called a zerg all the time even from groups larger than us, I think sometimes people think that every AD,EP,DC in the area is grouped.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    One day I was running around imp city with two others, kept running into the same individual who usually instigated the fight and would be promptly defeated. He sent me a message saying "quit zerging me down". 3 man zerg.
    Edited by br0steen on November 17, 2016 4:08PM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its only a zerg when its AD or EP because on the very rare occasions that DC zerg (we don't need to) its called The Wild Hunt..