The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"TAKE OFF MINES"

LuminaLilly
LuminaLilly
✭✭✭✭
If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to do this.....

I guess sorcs HAVE to be an easy kill for the stameta? And get rage when a sorc actually kills them
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to do this.....

I guess sorcs HAVE to be an easy kill for the stameta? And get rage when a sorc actually kills them

when stamina proc sets are rebalanced im going to laugh when i hear crying. iv seen people use similiar mechanics in the past as a major crutch. take that away and they panic. #NotAll but most.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get that crying all the time. It's getting annoying
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tourney just had destro staff ulti banned for play yesterday. Think another today. Even with starting from zero ulti.

Mines, ulti... should just do the lay down emote and make it easy.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol mines are crazy strong though. if a sorc is camping mines the fight will never cause I'm not going in there. We will just stay at range hitting each other with wet noodle projectiles that are being absorbed by our shields
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the flow of my duels against gigabad proc players on my magicka sorc:

WIN > "Take off Mines" > Switch to heavy armor and boundless storm > WIN >"No offense, but shields need another nerf" > take off shields, but slot overload and block the first tremor/viper proc > (really difficult)WIN > "Overload spam, really?" >Take off overload and proceed to shake fanny at enemy > LOSE > "GF dude"

The best laugh comes from complaints about frags. Love it.

EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't understand the power of vMA bore against sorcs. Do endless hail on their mines with a vMA bow and watch it practically blow their shields. And spam Snipe and use Poison Injection to keep pressure up. They will be forced to move out of mine or die. When they do, :trollface: proceed to Viper+Tremoscale to death.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always respond: take off your proc sets and you got a deal.

They never do though...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always respond: take off your proc sets and you got a deal.

They never do though...

Really! Mines comparable to viper/tremorscale combo? Yeah right! Those meta proc build players are just hating cuz they cant no skill proc spam u to death. Mines are not op they are awesome and provides a distinct challenge when fighting sorcs.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or do sorcs rarely reapply mines? When I duel sorcs they always start with mines (often on overload bar. Guess that's why) and reapply once, twice max in the entire fight. Could be because I pop mist form and clear the mines as soon as they drop them, I suppose.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteMage yeah, if you're able to walk right through them and not get bursted... then yeah there isn't too much of a use in recasting them.

I do recast them personally, if anything it helps in minimizing your opponents side to side movements.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do sorcs rarely reapply mines? When I duel sorcs they always start with mines (often on overload bar. Guess that's why) and reapply once, twice max in the entire fight. Could be because I pop mist form and clear the mines as soon as they drop them, I suppose.

mines are expensive, if you are running a build with bare-minimum sustain, you have to be really careful or mines will drain all your magika. Usually a good sorc will drop them once, try to use all the mines by cycling around them, and reapplying them after a pot (there is CP passive that reduces the cost of abilities after a pot, so mines are almost free).
    And recasting mines while you have a posion resources proc, is gg.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 25, 2016 1:39PM
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    I get so much crap for winning duels with overload. If a stamblade starts to pis me off then I will streak and load!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use Daedric Mines.... then again, I run a very old style Dual Wield Magicka Sorc focused on mobility over sheer shield strength.

I've been using Magicka Detonation (trying to judge whether it's worth morphing into Inevitable Detonation or not since it costs more) like back in the old days. Things have been working out very well for me. I dueled a bunch of meta and cheese builds over in Stormhaven and won nearly all of my fights, despite not being familiar with my own, very much outdated build.

Mines are powerful but they are not as dangerous as they appear to be. If you pressure the Magicka Sorc enough, and they are forced to shieldstack a bunch, you can often cast Vigor and roll through them without the Sorc being able to capitalize on the situation. If they have to deal with 6sec shields for survivability, you can deal with some bright purple landmines -_-
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    All dueling tournements on ps4 have rules. No stamina traps no cloak no mines and no ptocs at all. Overload is fine because you have to work up plenty of ultimate to spam it. You dump your ult start of the fight. Some tournements eaven ban heavy gear just to make eavrything fair
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All dueling tournements on ps4 have rules. No stamina traps no cloak no mines and no ptocs at all. Overload is fine because you have to work up plenty of ultimate to spam it. You dump your ult start of the fight. Some tournements eaven ban heavy gear just to make eavrything fair

Sorcs have 3 abilities that deal heavy damage without their opponent in execute range. One has a 33% proc chance, one has a 3.5 sec timer, and the other requires your opponent to step on it. I can't help think that unless every class loses a heavy hitting attack ability that is based on their primary resource, sorcerers are unfairly gimped in such tournaments.
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 9, 2016 7:55PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam nb: Take off mines and duel me!

Me: Take off Viper and Veldrith (any proc set) and duel me :p
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get that all the time too. After I do take off mines and still kill them, they either say "lag" or "pve build" or "the fight was too long".
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam nb: Take off mines and duel me!

Me: Take off Viper and Veldrith (any proc set) and duel me :p

ill duel you no procs on my stamblade for no mines ;)
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs have 3 abilities that deal heavy damage without their opponent in execute range. One has a 33% proc chance, one has a 3.5 sec timer, and the other requires your opponent to step on it. I can't help think that unless every class loses a heavy hitting attack ability that is based on their primary resource, sorcerers are unfairly gimped in such tournaments.

Haha have an awesome dude :D
    PC | EU
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid rule. A key defensive ability for a soft class and it's banned. What about dks wings, nightblades evasion or Templars cleanse?
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    "Mine camper!" I love this one too.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a fair bunch of duels back in the days as a mag DK, of course against magicka sorcs as well. Mines are annoying, but about as annoying as wings for a mag sorc.

So when I duelled a mag DK *****ing about me using Mines when I was playing a mag sorc, I asked him to drop wings. He didn't and started some random banter saying how weak mag DK was, that he'll start fighting again once "I stop running". I just told him that if duelling me is a bother, it's simple: go find someone else.

In all cases, Mines and wings are both a case of L2P issue, as there are many counters available.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree and I main a stamina NB. There are many things broken in this game but mines are not one of them. High cost, easily avoidable, and dont hit that hard. They are actually one of the more balanced things in the game. Not even in the same league as proc sets or any of the current meta cheese.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like it when a sorc places down their mines before the match starts. I like to walk right in the middle of them while they're harmless, look at the sorc, and be like "sup?" Lol
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no cloak? /facepalm
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Well vampires just clear them with mist form. Just learn how to play against certain builds.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    People don't understand the power of vMA bore against sorcs. Do endless hail on their mines with a vMA bow and watch it practically blow their shields. And spam Snipe and use Poison Injection to keep pressure up. They will be forced to move out of mine or die. When they do, :trollface: proceed to Viper+Tremoscale to death.

It works like a charm.. add a light weight beast trap behind their mines, once they start scrambling for safety from the endless hail boom... just do a dodge roll with your bow get close swap bars go for the kill >:)
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take off you fighters guild trap and proc set and I will remove mines from my bar forever.
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    Stam cry babies ..yep yep

Just beat a Stam Dk with reflective Wings Spam & Meta Setup.
    I win
    Stam DK: MINES MINES MINES GET THEM OFF!!!!!
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use mines, let that incap/selene/viper combo shred you to pieces. If someone steps into your mines, it's not their fault, it's your fault for putting them there. Like they're bugged or something.

On a more serious note, here's how you should counter mines on each class and each variant (mag/stam);

1. If you're a stam nb, ambush while having vigor up. You can also block while ambushing, unless changed at this point.
    2. If you're a mag nb, you're probably going to be ranged and if your tether-assassins combo isn't working all the time, get over it. Increase your ranged dps or wait for the mines to go off before you go into your burst mode.
    3. If you're a mag templar, you can gapclose like a stam nb and outheal it easily. Bit more tricky but very doable.
    4. If you're a stam templar, gap close with vigor on you, dodge if a frag is coming.
    5. If you're a stam sorc and you don't have a gap closer, nor any ranged options, you shouldn't complain.
    6. If you're a mag sorc and you feel like you can pull it off, go for it.
    7. If you're a mag dk with no ranged options, you're probably a vampire so mist through it.
    8. If you're a stam dk, just walk into it you won't get much hurt with vigor. I personally walk through all of them in a combo of forward momentum (no imobilize or snare) and block/vigor. Easy.

If you don't know how to counter atronach, move out of its range. Sorc won't do much. If the sorc tries to do resto heavies, move out of the range a bit further so he doesn't complete the animation entirely and therefore gets no resources. If you still don't know how to counter mines/atro, it's a l2p issue I'm afraid and you will just have to practice more, it's not that hard once you have a specific method of your choice.