Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is DB worth doing?

2ndcovenant_ESO
Hi folks,

I have been holding off on doing DB's quest line until cp160 because I wanted to get the most out of it. Well I hit cp160 finally on my MagSorc main.

I beat the TG quest line before reaching 50 and I really enjoyed the quests but the gear that I got was just so so. I don't see a good reason to wear it in the game.

With the DB quest line, the gear we get only boosts from the Blade of Woe, which is pretty much only usable some of the time, and completely unusable during a battle once the fighting has begun, from what I understand. Is there anything about any of the the Gold Coast quest lines that make the quests worth doing? I am hoping so but just at a casual glance, it doesn't seem so. I am trying to decide where to go now that 1T has opened up the world a bit. For Craglorn, I still need people to group with so it's either the Gold Coast or a normal zone.
"*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more to the zone than the Sithis Armor. And more amors than Sithis to be had in that zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• 2ndcovenant_ESO
    hmmmm, lol. Okay, I will give it go. Thanks Nestor. I am mostly about storyline anyhow. I just didn't want all of the rewards to be fairly useless to me.
    Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably enjoy the Gold Coast Connections storyline. Can't remember what the rewards for that are like, but it's nice to see some old friends :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • 2ndcovenant_ESO
    Ohh *** ***! Now you have peaked my interest! I have been writing and reading fantasy and sci fi for years and recurring characters that pop up in games always strike me as cool. Anyone remember Templeton Peck from the A-Team??? The con-man? He actually made a cameo in the last Zork game, the only one that was not text based. Odd bit of trivia there.
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    For me getting the Blade Of Woe was simply enough....such a deadly one hit kill is beautiful to watch...even though sometimes the graphic action is out of tune.
    Edited by borgking on November 23, 2016 6:36PM
  • MissKiwiana
    MissKiwiana
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm, lol. Okay, I will give it go. Thanks Nestor. I am mostly about storyline anyhow. I just didn't want all of the rewards to be fairly useless to me.

This is what peeves me off the most about the reward system in this game.

It doesn't matter what my char is wearing or type of weapon I use but you can pretty much guarantee I will get a weapon I will never use or it'll have stats much worse then what I have currently and that weapon I have equipped would be 5 or 6 levels lower and green quality, the quest reward is current level but god awful stats and of blue or purple quality.

Same goes for any gear quest reward.

I made a new toon and bought an additional char slot and started doing Dark Brotherhood quests once I hit level 10 and so far out of like 4 rewards I have received not one is usable.

Why is the reward system so wrong and punishing, why is RNG so damn crappy in this game.?

Why can't I be given a choice of rewards to pick from so I have something I CAN use for crying out loud. :|
    PC Platform all the way! Windows 10.
    Guilds I belong to: Lone Wolf Help & The Conclave of Shadows.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can get a bit same same but you only have to get level 8 to complete it as I remember
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with MissKiwiana
    The reward system really sucks badly. It seems like every reward i get from quest are staffs and i don't use them at all. They need to change it to a choice of reward system so you can get something you can use.