Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A few questions about hirelings and world material farming

Sinslayer808
Sinslayer808
✭✭
Are what you get from hirelings dependant on your current skill level in the skill line? e.g. miner hireling gives you ebony ingots but never gives rubedite because I haven't hit skillline level 50 in blacksmithing. Or, is it that I have to increase my metalworking to 10(max) in order for the hireling to send me rubedite? Or, is what the hirelings send depend on something else?

Next question, when I'm farming the world for mats, do I just need to have my skilllines levelled up to 50 to see ONLY cp 150-160 mats, or do I have to increase the skills like metalworking and tailoring, and potency improvement as well? Speaking of enchanting...does aspect improvement have any effect on what I farm for mats or what the hirelings send?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are what you get from hirelings dependant on your current skill level in the skill line? e.g. miner hireling gives you ebony ingots but never gives rubedite because I haven't hit skillline level 50 in blacksmithing. Or, is it that I have to increase my metalworking to 10(max) in order for the hireling to send me rubedite? Or, is what the hirelings send depend on something else?
    Your hireling will send you the highest-level materials that you can use, so it's not enough to have the skill line at 50 to get rubidite, you also need 10 skill points in the first passive.
    Next question, when I'm farming the world for mats, do I just need to have my skilllines levelled up to 50 to see ONLY cp 150-160 mats, or do I have to increase the skills like metalworking and tailoring, and potency improvement as well? Speaking of enchanting...does aspect improvement have any effect on what I farm for mats or what the hirelings send?
    Same story as with the hirelings above, you will find the highest level of materials that you can actually use (50% of the time that is, the other 50% of the time nodes will scale to your character's level).
    Edited by wayfarerx on November 2, 2016 8:34PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Sinslayer808
    Sinslayer808
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for clarifying. *thumbs up*