Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Set Crafting Locations - UI re-design Please.

Greenoctane
Greenoctane
Soul Shriven
First, I'll admit that it is my own carelessness that gets me into this situation, but there is a fundamental design faut pas that should really be addressed.
A convenience is provided by the UI at set crafting locations which enables us to make regular non-set gear. I get that we may be lacking the # of traits to make every set so we have the option to fill that piece in with a regular piece. Great! Thank you Zos.
But, the regular set should not be the default when you open the UI. We travel specifically to these places for the purpose of making set gear. How many of us accidentally started crafting without tabbing over to the set option? I know I've done it a few times. The worst was when I made 5 pcs of CP160 medium and lost all of the leather I had been farming for days! Wasn't very happy! We should have to make extra steps and tab over to get to the normal stuff. Since it is a special location for a specific set, the UI should reflect that immediately upon activation. Please make this very simple adjustment Zos! I'm sure that many of us would be very grateful. :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if it's a better idea to have the Special Set be the Default or the Regular Set be the Default. But, I had a guild mate make me something in Nirn at a Special Station and it came out as a vanilla piece. So, something needs to be clarified on this.

There are other parts of the UI that need work, like the ever shifting item level as you make different things.

It might also be nice to be able to see at least the bonuses, if not the amount of the bonuses if we don't know the traits yet. But, they probably can't reveal that unless the Traits are known.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Classic! Happens all the time. i Kick my Xbox and walk away for the rest of the day
  • Greenoctane
    Greenoctane
    Soul Shriven
    yes @ Nestor - the shifting levels has been an issue since launch on pc as well as both consoles. I'm nutty enough that I have all 3 versions, although, I reside exclusively on PS now.

Lol @ Eldarthvader! That's about the size of it! Left the game and went to find some comfort food!
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    lol. yep, I too have been part of set-crafting bungle-ups. After the first time tho, I was sure neither I nor my crafter made the same easy mistake again.

If they spend any time on UI reworks tho... I'd really like to see a more navigatable menu for inventories. Just having a big list to slowly scroll through when you've got 200 items in your bag or bank... uhg. How about a grid-based inventory?
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that removing the normal crafting capacity from the special crafting stations is the solution. You can deconstruct, improve and research anything from all crafting stations and there are normal crafting locations in all of the major towns anyway.

How many people actually use a set crafting location to make non set pieces?
    You would only be making a non set piece for someone to research and it does not matter if you make them a set piece - it doesn't cost you any extra mats and it doesn't stop them researching it. The rest of the time you are only ever going to be crafting set pieces anyway.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP ... I've done this at least once that I can remember ...
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    lol. yep, I too have been part of set-crafting bungle-ups. After the first time tho, I was sure neither I nor my crafter made the same easy mistake again.

If they spend any time on UI reworks tho... I'd really like to see a more navigatable menu for inventories. Just having a big list to slowly scroll through when you've got 200 items in your bag or bank... uhg. How about a grid-based inventory?

I personally like the scrolling do to other addons that I use, however you can use "Inventory Grid View", the addon from ESOUI to help you with that. Hope that helps.

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Lol I must admit I have done that before. But now I double check everything before crafting. It would help if it defaults to the crafting station that you are at. Or they could simply just remove normal and just leave the special. I've been wanting them to do that for a long while now.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.