The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate Orsinium’s One Year Anniversary"

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome! I might just return to my old farm route to stock up :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice, so at November 7 i can run MA and get 2 charged lightning staffs or 1handed maces instead 1?
    I don't aggree, i want training weapons! No sharpened (especially inferno , 2h axe and 1handed axes and daggers, only training ones)/
    Sharpened for weak persons, we should get only decisive,, defending, charged, infused!
    Edited by Anethum on November 2, 2016 11:54PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I still can't get past stage 5 VMA! I'm gunna have to really focus on this now. I want me some weapons!
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool I can equip all my characters in training and prosperous maelstrom weapons and wrothgar sets with green jewelry. I'm in like Flynn.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh time to get back into vMA I guess! I need 4 different weapons for my characters, surely one of them will drop in the right trait! I can hope :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Awesome! I might just return to my old farm route to stock up :)

get in line!
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought ESO was an online MMO game? Why on earth would you be encouraging players to play by themselves? vMA makes zero sense whatsoever.

How about creating a group version of vMA so that we can actually play a game that is meant to be played... with OTHER PEOPLE.

I go play Skyrim if I want to play by myself.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought ESO was an online MMO game? Why on earth would you be encouraging players to play by themselves? vMA makes zero sense whatsoever.

How about creating a group version of vMA so that we can actually play a game that is meant to be played... with OTHER PEOPLE.

I go play Skyrim if I want to play by myself.

Group version? You mean like Dragonstar Arena which already in the game already.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great double everything whats the catch?

Reduced refine chances for gold tempers.
    Double charged or powered maelstrom weps
    Double not pulling pages from dailies

Don't forget double the crashes,ping,latency from the server exploding when everyone ports in
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit wonders.

Will there be double fish also yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, European player here. I don't operate on EST. I have Google, but so do you, author of the article.

On topic: yay! ...or maybe not, I can't farm vMA. But it'll make completing my Winterborn set a little easier, which is nice. Also, I second the request for double fish.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome :smiley:
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS patting themselves on the back about their last major DLC one year on is a lot less interesting to me than hearing about when/if they will deliver the next one.

Oh, and get some proper CS, ZOS. Keeping me hanging for a week with daily "reply to keep us interested" mails may well be one reason why I am so lukewarm on this announcement.
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Because as far as im concerened double weapons just means double trash

Precisely. Maelstrom will not magically give you good traits because it's double the reward. The chances for getting trash items just got better.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We've seen a few questions about whether or not the double loot for the Orsinium Anniversary Event applies to survey reports in Orsinium. We checked, and they do not. We'll add a note to the article to specifically call this out.

The double items/rewards only apply to these things listed in the article about the event:
    • Double the items received from crafting nodes in Wrothgar (this only applies to normal crafting nodes, not nodes spawned from a survey report)
    • Double rewards received from the chests in Maelstrom Arena for both Normal and Veteran difficulty levels
    • Double the number of reward boxes received by completing a daily delve or World Boss quest
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double the number of boxes from delves is great but 2x an almost 0% drop rate on Trinimac motifs doesn't help much
    Edited by Katahdin on November 3, 2016 4:17PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • clifford747
    clifford747
    Soul Shriven
    Two weeks of twice the drops?! Maybe I'll finally get a useful bow!
    -The Official Big Red Dog-
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who *** cares if its been a year since wrothgar release. and holding these events just means one thing, zos has so many players leaving, they have to hold these 100% xp boost, double drop rate ect events just to try to hold on to players.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    who *** cares if its been a year since wrothgar release. and holding these events just means one thing, zos has so many players leaving, they have to hold these 100% xp boost, double drop rate ect events just to try to hold on to players.

Players leaving? Let's look at Steamstats for ESO (a small fraction of the playerbase, but let's take it as representative of the rest):

0c19b67b6b.png

Now, that can all be a little confusing or not very clear, so let's put it in graph form:

fc349aa135.png

I think that clearly shows the trend ESO follows. Playerbase spikes after each DLC (every quarter or so) and then drops down only to spike again. But note two things:
    1. The line of best fit has a positive gradient, ESO is growing on Steamstats and likely growing overall.
    2. The "high" point in ~July 2015 is not far from the "low" point of July 2016, this also indicates growth.

Heck, even without all this, you only need to look in-game to see for yourself. The game is busier and better than ever. The events are just another great addition to the game.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta love those stats baby :)
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We've seen a few questions about whether or not the double loot for the Orsinium Anniversary Event applies to survey reports in Orsinium. We checked, and they do not. We'll add a note to the article to specifically call this out.

The double items/rewards only apply to these things listed in the article about the event:
    • Double the items received from crafting nodes in Wrothgar (this only applies to normal crafting nodes, not nodes spawned from a survey report)
    • Double rewards received from the chests in Maelstrom Arena for both Normal and Veteran difficulty levels
    • Double the number of reward boxes received by completing a daily delve or World Boss quest

This when compared to the imperial city anniversary is very underwhelming. How about instead of just double maelstrom weapons we can now get a legendary weapon at the end instead of just purple or if you adjusted the loot table to only include the most desirable traits.
  • LordCoventry
    LordCoventry
    Soul Shriven
    Hello! ZOS, plz read This

*Discloser*
    I've Been playing for a while now, love The game! Love vMSA, It's amazing!

Currently CP435 and Been Doing vMSA since CP389, about 40-50runs. (Iknow people have been doing it more then me with same results)

The first run was just for The achivement and The title, but then i wanted to get better at vMSA..2-3 runs.

But then i desided to go for the maelstrom daggers in the trait sharpened, haven't seen a single sharpened weapon in 40-50 runs, and I'm not that good either, so vMSA takes time... WHY!?

I felt so good about myself the first few rounds, felt very rewarded going the trial, but the second I tried to go farm the weapons, I started getting discurreged, obbsesed, and just started to dislike the game in general.

But then I went out in the world of Tamriel and asked people using maelstrom weapons, how many runs they did and when they got it, before or after "the dark brotherhood dlc"

10-10 of them got their SHARPENED maelstrom weapons Before DB dlc...

And they got them anywhere from 10-30 runs.. Now how is that fair for those (including me) who weren't that good at that point in the games development?

The least you can do eso is to give the rest of us a fighting chance, either with different chests for 2h and 1h weapons or the token system, or something else.

I have given up on vMSA
    until something permanently changes! Plz listen to the community.
    Save maelstrom!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait - did I read the last line of the announcement correctly - "free Sharpened Inferno Maelstrom destruction staff"???
    So I can finally try one of those suckers out after a year of being too disheartened about the difficulty of vMA to ever finish it? Cool! B)

Update: never mind, I just noticed that the "free weapon" line has been edited into the screenshot - it's not mentioned in the original actual announcement. I've been trolled! :'(
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 4, 2016 4:12AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One tick..double rewards in vma chests.

Does that also mean double gold and soul gems? So 260 gold per chest? Double intricate items?

Watch me get 2 sharp infernos 1st time.

Also what time does this event go live? Is it the usual 9am America time? Or just for us elsewhere in the world anytime on that day?

Also can we not have a day of this taken away for painfully long maintenance periods.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to be rude here but doubling the chances of a decent drop from vMA is doubling a very, very, very, very, poor rate to merely a very, very, poor one. You simply have a giant wealth of trash drops on the one hand and sharpened bows, axes, daggers, and inferno's on the other. To double the rate goes from 1/100+ to 1/50+ of getting the weapon you want. Why, when any other items can be obtained in 10 or less completes, is vMA like this?

Is this supposed to be some kind of a solution or does it just feel that way and this is all really just meant as event fun? You have a real genuine problem with vMA gear. All other gear sets can be acquired in 10 or less runs (usually far less) of content except vMA where well over 100 is usually necessary. It is not OK. The weapons are so powerful, so necessary, that nobody can be competitive without them yet the RNG is such that they cannot reliably be obtained by most of the players who can and do complete the thing. It is so frustrating to need the gear so much, work very hard and complete the very challenging content, and only to get trash knowing full well that is. statistically speaking, all you will ever get. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG.

I love the Orsinium DLC by the way, best ESO DLC ever. The scenery is great and the main quest line was so dark and yummy. Did the whole do all the stuff in Orsinium DLC and get the special title thing and loved it.

You want the event to be huge, 2x vMA drops and ALL drops are sharpened. We have done the content now give us the gear.

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello! ZOS, plz read This

*Discloser*
    I've Been playing for a while now, love The game! Love vMSA, It's amazing!

Currently CP435 and Been Doing vMSA since CP389, about 40-50runs. (Iknow people have been doing it more then me with same results)

The first run was just for The achivement and The title, but then i wanted to get better at vMSA..2-3 runs.

But then i desided to go for the maelstrom daggers in the trait sharpened, haven't seen a single sharpened weapon in 40-50 runs, and I'm not that good either, so vMSA takes time... WHY!?

I felt so good about myself the first few rounds, felt very rewarded going the trial, but the second I tried to go farm the weapons, I started getting discurreged, obbsesed, and just started to dislike the game in general.

But then I went out in the world of Tamriel and asked people using maelstrom weapons, how many runs they did and when they got it, before or after "the dark brotherhood dlc"

10-10 of them got their SHARPENED maelstrom weapons Before DB dlc...

And they got them anywhere from 10-30 runs.. Now how is that fair for those (including me) who weren't that good at that point in the games development?

The least you can do eso is to give the rest of us a fighting chance, either with different chests for 2h and 1h weapons or the token system, or something else.

I have given up on vMSA
    until something permanently changes! Plz listen to the community.
    Save maelstrom!

This! 10 times this!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    AzuraKin wrote: »

Players leaving? Let's look at Steamstats for ESO (a small fraction of the playerbase, but let's take it as representative of the rest):

0c19b67b6b.png

Now, that can all be a little confusing or not very clear, so let's put it in graph form:

fc349aa135.png

I think that clearly shows the trend ESO follows. Playerbase spikes after each DLC (every quarter or so) and then drops down only to spike again. But note two things:
    1. The line of best fit has a positive gradient, ESO is growing on Steamstats and likely growing overall.
    2. The "high" point in ~July 2015 is not far from the "low" point of July 2016, this also indicates growth.

Heck, even without all this, you only need to look in-game to see for yourself. The game is busier and better than ever. The events are just another great addition to the game.

Very nice! But look at this http://steamspy.com/app/306130 and now remember that mr Firor himself said that there are around 3.5 mln individual accounts on pc/mac started since launch. 700k from 3.5 mln is not a small faction mate, or perhaps you have different understanding of that word?

Anyway for the sake of argument - 1 % of players online on steam - extrapolate - 35 k players online on average on both US and EU servers? Thats not a big number i would say.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't forget to add in the Console megaservers...
  • F0urPac
    F0urPac
    Hooray, I'm a solo player and I'm having difficulty with the world bosses, maybe now I can take care of those, including that horrible poachers camp.
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    For those that are struggling with Maelstrom, STICK WITH IT! I didn't believe it when everyone said it gets better. My first run was hell on wheels, 800 soul gems, a month, stacks and stacks of potions, headache, yelling and swearing. When I beat it, it was the best feeling in the world.My weapon wasn't that good, but I accomplished it. I told myself never again, but I wanted a better weapon and I went in and beat it under 100 deaths in 2! days, which was so much better. I got a precise bow, which made it even easier. Again, I waited a week and accomplished it in 2 hours with 40 deaths! The next day I tried again, and lowered my time to about 1hr15 minutes with 25 deaths. Now I've beaten 6 times and am starting to get to the point where I may start getting bonuses for under 15 deaths. I no longer NEED expensive potions, and can get by with regular potions and I enjoy doing it. You won't get the best weapons right away. Realistically, you shouldn't. I created an Excel spreadsheet and can randomly create 250 runs and check to see at what number completion good traits drop and what number completion best in slot drop. I listed 11 "good" traits (for me, anyway, I don't PVP) and 6 "Best in Slot" traits . I've created instances where a "good" trait doesn't drop until completion 32, and I've created instances where a sharpened fire staff or a powered resto drop first. I"ve created instances where a best in slot (and remember, I have 6 of them) doesn't drop until completion 51.

Just keep at it. Have fun. You don't NEED your first 5 completions to be sharpened daggers, bow, destro. If you aren't having fun, just stop doing it. Simple as that. There are tons of things to do, dailies everywhere, new motifs etc.

Pick on me all you want, but I'm gonna whoop some butt with my charged dagger and charged axe!