Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

About the graphics - low res textures, draw distance, and jagged edges

Jorotarr
Jorotarr
✭✭
1) Can I make textures load faster? When I approach a character, the textures are all muddles and low quality and takes about two seconds once I am close to them to go to high quality textures. It drives me crazy. Or maybe not load faster, but increase the distance in which the high quality appears?

2) Can I increase draw distance aside from max settings in the game?

3) Can I get rid of jagged edges? Swords, netches, even my Argonian spikes in third person... it's awful! I have a good monitor (not 4k, but still) and have all setting at max including the game's AA.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Thanks!! :smile:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are using a PC and paid less than about 4-5 thousand for it, you need to upgrade or drop your graphics to minimal.

My super-sweet-and-spendy 'puter is kaput for a while (till Geek Squad can nurse it back to health) and I'm back playing "the old" computer, and it's basically unplayable in combat (I can walk around slowly - but run/ride a fast mount and I start getting fuzzy stuff, eventually pop to loading screens) on anything other than "minimal".

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has always had god awful AA shaders.

The only thing i found that sort of works is to downsample the game which makes everything look blurry, not just the edges but at least it gets rid of the flickering.
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 1, 2016 1:51AM
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    If you are using a PC and paid less than about 4-5 thousand for it, you need to upgrade or drop your graphics to minimal.

I'm not sure it's that, I get around 60 FPS regularly. It runs pretty smoothly.
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ESO has always had god awful AA shaders.

The only thing i found that sort of works is to downsample the game which makes everything look blurry, not just the edges but at least it gets rid of the flickering.
    dry.gif

Hmm, that's unfortunate. :/ I was hoping there would be a way. I could try downsampling - how exactly do I do that?
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    I learned about downsampling and that made all the difference!! Nothing yet about slow loading textures and a longer draw distance.